December 16, 2010
Dear Family:
I’m alive! Yes, alive in Provo. The food is mediocre.
My companion rocks. It is myself-LOL. I’m a “solo” sister, so I have no real companion. There are two elders learning Latvian with me: Elder Burr from Arizona and Elder Lynch from Scotland. They are awesome, and super hard workers.
The language is INSANE! Verbs have conjugations and so do nouns and adjectives-and it changes with how you are using the noun/adjective.
About the mission. There are 4 sisters serving in Latvia, and I will be replacing one of them. Only one city (Riga) is open to sisters right now.
The language overwhelms me at times, and the learning how to be a missionary can be boring because I’ve done it! France/mini-mission/Sister Hulet definitely prepared me to be here. I know I can do it once I get the language. I think often of the people I taught in France and my love for them. I still feel such a desire to finish teaching those in France. It can be hard because I still feel like I need to go back there. I guess that would be too easy. The MTC should get better once we are on a normal schedule. As of right now we don’t even have time to breathe.
I ran into Elder Grasley (my cousin) today; it was great. We freaked out everyone around us (i.e we gave each other a hug). My preparation day is Thursdays, so I should get to email next Thursday.
“The Church is true isn’t it, so what else is there?”
Love you,
Masa Lindstroma


No comments:
Post a Comment