Monday, March 7, 2011

Week 3


Mari and her trainer, Sister Sutterfield

Wow,
Blogs to check out
Sister Dance- balticmission.blogspot.com
Sister Jake (whose house we go to every Monday)- balticmissionaries.blogspot.com
So funny random stuff- I am the skinniest masa here- scary, I know. Sister Sutterfield has 21 skirts (after getting rid of three) and she hates all her clothes (sound familiar). We somehow blew six outlets this week....totally thinking it is crap that we did that, but that is what the fix-it man said. I'm sorry I missed the explosion that would have occurred. He came and rewired yesterday and this morning the power went out twice...ha ha. So in the Baltic Mission life is weird. The sisters are known for being "botch" (aka lazy) and it is a well established fact that they have some of the crappier apartments and that the elders have better ones...odd, I know. The snow is melting! There is still ice up to five inches think on some parts of the road and snow piles 10 feet high, but it is progress. I've been fed two teas that I really enjoyed-- yay for me! Funny story- Sister Sutterfield likes to interrupt my prayers...not on purpose, but last time she cheered because she is grateful for the BOM too....wow.
So two minute rundown of the week (literally)
Monday we had awful pizza at the CanCan with the elders and Inga. It was funny and cruel torture- French songs on the whole time. The Jake's house was bomb and we met the cutest family that wants to learn english. We are seeing them again tonight.
Tuesday we had a good lesson with Anda and Vicente- it is like Sunday School with Brad Caldwell and they are new members!
Wednesday we went and did service, Inga who we work with a lot told us about how her heart is changing.
Friday we saw Erika and talked about life with her, she's doing good. Andris came to church but isn't quite progressing and I will tell you about our baptism date- Martins next week because I'm out of time!
Loves!



Mari and Sister Jacques, who is serving with her husband in Riga.

No comments:

Post a Comment