Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Week 60

Mari Apr. 9, 2012

Well, on Monday I was just on a shopping extrava. I went to my favorite second hand store, Second Breath, and got this bunny made from a glove that I have loved since I saw it who knows how many months ago. I also bought some yarn for some groovy chibas (slippers). We had burgers and fries at Fontaine's while a snow storm raged outside. Sister Clark tried to make Texas Sheet cake. She put the eggs in the boiling chocolate mix for some great looking chocolate egg drop soup. I made her start over. Harvesting I met a man named Arnis. He said he has lots of problems, has been looking, but isn't ready to talk about that kind of stuff yet. I'm praying that he will be ready soon.

On Tuesday we had some of the Texas sheet cake take two with nutella, raspberries, and whipping cream. Can you say yum? Holy cow, sometimes my ideas are too good. Elder Alder declared that it must be wonderful to be a sister because your apartment is a constant bakery. "Oh look, we have blueberry muffins coming out of the toilet again!" The big lesson that I learned this week is that the key to missionary work is being led by the Spirit. I am refocusing on that in my teaching and prayers. It makes a difference. Out on our way to harvest we had a pagan stop us and ask us what makes us different from other churches. Big can of worms! I never know where to start when people ask that. He was a really nice fellow, but started to run when we started for our planners.

Wednesday we taught Oskars by the Spirit. It was a neat lesson and he really really appreciated it. It felt good. We had a little miracle that a less-active's inactive daughter came and sat in on our lesson. We are trying to wise up with Kristina and Janis so we had Kaspars teach them about repentance. He did really good at involving Janis. We met an angel of a girl, Kira on the streets. We invited her to church and she said that she would try to come sometime. We also had a random Marta text us wanting to meet at 8pm at the church. Sadly she never showed up.

I was a beaming parent on Thursday. Sister Clark just marches up to people and starts to talk to them now. This is a complete 180 from her basically running in terror from people. On the tram in the morning I contacted a really nice father, who, sadly, is going back to Sweden for work tomorrow. The internet is everywhere though and he has our website. Margarita (Rita) is back in Liepaja! Holy happy joyous reunion. She looks really really happy and is excited to share the gospel with several of her friends here.

On Friday we colored 60, yes 60 eggs. We learned how to color some traditional Latvian style with onion skins. They turned out gorgeous. I am glad we didn't do all 60 that way though, it is a little time consuming. You have to wrap cloth as well as string around each individual egg. Someone was locked in their house when we were harvesting. We knocked and they tried and tried and tried and tried to open their door, but it wouldn't. After two or three minutes they finally gave up. I really wish we got to know who was on the other side.

Saturday we got to start watching conference. Priesthood session was really good. The music was very powerful. We had our branch easter party. Annika wanted to hide all 60 eggs by herself. We made her share, so I got to hide eggs out in the rain. We had lunch, which included some nasty stuff. Someone brought the chocolate syrup out and it went on top of EVERYTHING. Boiled eggs, bread, mayonnaise....disgusting! And they said we are sugar addicts in America... We played button button whose got the button with a rock. Behind our backs. Little Raivo was the cutest thing ever. He would just get huge eyes and smile if you asked if he had the rock even though he never did. We practiced for our musical number as missionaries. Elder Alder said I sounded like a rooster being strangled. I did. I can't sing, okay?!

Sunday's rendition wasn't much better. Good thing Sunday is over with. Sunday wasn't my day. I got two eggs from members, stuck them in the fridge, and someone took my eggs. :( I also tried to make meatloaf. Two hours of cooking later we gave up and ate it anyway. Trying to find people was less then effective. The only people home were people who were sick. Oh well, the snow is melting and it is supposed to be warm by the end of the week!

Christ lives. Our message shines brightly against the darkness, doubt, and depression of the world. He lives and because He lives we will live too.

No comments:

Post a Comment