Monday I flew down to Mesa after a 2-3 hour delay. There was a problem with our plane down in Mesa so they had to unload everyone and switch planes. Then they flew up to Ogden Utah and we scurried ourselves onto that plane. There was a young girl who I believe had some sort of concert performance in which she was performing. They literally ran off the plane once we landed in Mesa. I enjoyed my flight by talking to a very entertaining and chatty 64-year-old from Hyde Park, Utah. She is one of those riotously entertaining Mormons who swears. She was telling me about her two awful ex-husbands and how good her new boyfriend, or "gentleman friend" as she put it is. She refuses to marry him though, says she is too old. They have lots of fun trips planned, including one to see grasshoppers frozen in a glacier in Montana. Leighton Carroll was waiting for me at the airport with lots of hugs and lots of food. He brought me: a Jamba Juice, a Wendy's chicken sandwich kid's meal, an extra chicken sandwich, and a PB&J sandwich. Bless his heart. We drove to his ward variety show and I was able to watch Leighton perform a skit- who's on first but Bishopric version. It was pretty funny.
Tuesday we woke up terribly early to have family scriptures at 6am before Leighton headed off to work. Catie took me and the dog for a walk. I worked on homework until I was captured away to go to a giant mall with Leighton's mom (Liza), older sister Jill and her two young children Emery and Clarissa, and 13-year-old Catie. We made it to a whole of two stores: the Rainforest Cafe which was very decked out in rainforest-ness and Burlington Coat Factory. They have more than just coats- I didn't know that. I was sad we missed out on the Forever 21 and H&M in the mall, but oh well! Once Leighton got home we went with the family (Liza, dad (Wayne), Matthew (18), and Catie) to watch "The Rise of The Guardians" at the dollar theatre. It was a fun movie with really deep parallels to the Gospel. We made homemade pizza after that.
On Wednesday we (Jill & kids, Catie, and Matt) went to the Phoenix Zoo while Leighton was at work. I love their zoo! It felt like a safari. I almost went on a camel ride for only $4. I wanted to wait for if I went again with Leighton though. They had cute elephants and giraffes, these funny things called dick dicks, a rhino, a lion and lioness, a tiger and a jaguar, and a whole bunch of monkeys. One monkey put a palm branch on his head and walked around with it there. I also was so very close to a sting ray; so creepy! I really liked the zoo and the animals looked so very happy. We ate lunch there. For dinner Leighton's home teachers took us out for dinner at a very Mexican mexican place. Everyone in the restaurant was speaking Spanish and I got the smallest tacos that I have ever seen in my life. Afterwards we went to the temple and participated in a session. There are lots of signs in the Mesa temple which I like: The Glory of God is Intelligence, Those who seek me shall find me, etc. They also have this double staircase leading up to the Celestial Room with murals of American Indians on the sides. Once we got home from the temple we played Bang with Matthew, Catie, and two of Matthew's friends.
Thursday morning was terribly hot but we still went to the Gilbert Riparian Preserve to see the water and the birds. We (Grandma GG, Liza, Jill's kids, Catie) all had out umbrellas and didn't make it very far with the kids. It was 92F and they weren't wanting to move very quickly. Thursday was March 14th, aka 3.14 aka PI aka pie day! We made oodles of pies. Oodles being: apple, banana creme, blueberry cheesecake, and lemon. The crusts weren't the best, but they weren't my mother's. GG had a great suggestion so I had Leighton take me to the dress rehearsal of The Easter Pageant at Mesa Temple. We were able to sit on a blanket and watch them perform under the stars. My favorite part of the pageant was the real lambs and donkey that they used. It is kind of a song and dance sort of show, so it was interesting, or at least not what I was expecting. So I was attempting to waltz with Leighton, and me having two left feet, met my left heel with Leighton's sharp toenails. He got me good and felt sooo bad. I thought it was kind of funny. He promptly went to clip his nails, find a bandaid, and apologize a billion times.
Friday my flight was at noon. I was in a silly mood from lack of sleep so I spent a good part of the morning being a sass and tickling Leighton and teasing him. We also worked very hard picking citrus trees so that we could make: orange juice, grapefruit juice, and lemonade. I then flew home and that was that.
Sunday, March 17, 2013
Spring Break 2013
Spring Break finally arrived just in the nick of time! My current beau, Leighton was sweet enough to buy me tickets to fly down to Mesa for an early birthday present. Sorry I don't have any pictures...I didn't take any. But just so you don't feel bad, here is one from when I went down last time...
Monday I flew down to Mesa after a 2-3 hour delay. There was a problem with our plane down in Mesa so they had to unload everyone and switch planes. Then they flew up to Ogden Utah and we scurried ourselves onto that plane. There was a young girl who I believe had some sort of concert performance in which she was performing. They literally ran off the plane once we landed in Mesa. I enjoyed my flight by talking to a very entertaining and chatty 64-year-old from Hyde Park, Utah. She is one of those riotously entertaining Mormons who swears. She was telling me about her two awful ex-husbands and how good her new boyfriend, or "gentleman friend" as she put it is. She refuses to marry him though, says she is too old. They have lots of fun trips planned, including one to see grasshoppers frozen in a glacier in Montana. Leighton Carroll was waiting for me at the airport with lots of hugs and lots of food. He brought me: a Jamba Juice, a Wendy's chicken sandwich kid's meal, an extra chicken sandwich, and a PB&J sandwich. Bless his heart. We drove to his ward variety show and I was able to watch Leighton perform a skit- who's on first but Bishopric version. It was pretty funny.
Tuesday we woke up terribly early to have family scriptures at 6am before Leighton headed off to work. Catie took me and the dog for a walk. I worked on homework until I was captured away to go to a giant mall with Leighton's mom (Liza), older sister Jill and her two young children Emery and Clarissa, and 13-year-old Catie. We made it to a whole of two stores: the Rainforest Cafe which was very decked out in rainforest-ness and Burlington Coat Factory. They have more than just coats- I didn't know that. I was sad we missed out on the Forever 21 and H&M in the mall, but oh well! Once Leighton got home we went with the family (Liza, dad (Wayne), Matthew (18), and Catie) to watch "The Rise of The Guardians" at the dollar theatre. It was a fun movie with really deep parallels to the Gospel. We made homemade pizza after that.
On Wednesday we (Jill & kids, Catie, and Matt) went to the Phoenix Zoo while Leighton was at work. I love their zoo! It felt like a safari. I almost went on a camel ride for only $4. I wanted to wait for if I went again with Leighton though. They had cute elephants and giraffes, these funny things called dick dicks, a rhino, a lion and lioness, a tiger and a jaguar, and a whole bunch of monkeys. One monkey put a palm branch on his head and walked around with it there. I also was so very close to a sting ray; so creepy! I really liked the zoo and the animals looked so very happy. We ate lunch there. For dinner Leighton's home teachers took us out for dinner at a very Mexican mexican place. Everyone in the restaurant was speaking Spanish and I got the smallest tacos that I have ever seen in my life. Afterwards we went to the temple and participated in a session. There are lots of signs in the Mesa temple which I like: The Glory of God is Intelligence, Those who seek me shall find me, etc. They also have this double staircase leading up to the Celestial Room with murals of American Indians on the sides. Once we got home from the temple we played Bang with Matthew, Catie, and two of Matthew's friends.
Thursday morning was terribly hot but we still went to the Gilbert Riparian Preserve to see the water and the birds. We (Grandma GG, Liza, Jill's kids, Catie) all had out umbrellas and didn't make it very far with the kids. It was 92F and they weren't wanting to move very quickly. Thursday was March 14th, aka 3.14 aka PI aka pie day! We made oodles of pies. Oodles being: apple, banana creme, blueberry cheesecake, and lemon. The crusts weren't the best, but they weren't my mother's. GG had a great suggestion so I had Leighton take me to the dress rehearsal of The Easter Pageant at Mesa Temple. We were able to sit on a blanket and watch them perform under the stars. My favorite part of the pageant was the real lambs and donkey that they used. It is kind of a song and dance sort of show, so it was interesting, or at least not what I was expecting. So I was attempting to waltz with Leighton, and me having two left feet, met my left heel with Leighton's sharp toenails. He got me good and felt sooo bad. I thought it was kind of funny. He promptly went to clip his nails, find a bandaid, and apologize a billion times.
Friday my flight was at noon. I was in a silly mood from lack of sleep so I spent a good part of the morning being a sass and tickling Leighton and teasing him. We also worked very hard picking citrus trees so that we could make: orange juice, grapefruit juice, and lemonade. I then flew home and that was that.
Monday I flew down to Mesa after a 2-3 hour delay. There was a problem with our plane down in Mesa so they had to unload everyone and switch planes. Then they flew up to Ogden Utah and we scurried ourselves onto that plane. There was a young girl who I believe had some sort of concert performance in which she was performing. They literally ran off the plane once we landed in Mesa. I enjoyed my flight by talking to a very entertaining and chatty 64-year-old from Hyde Park, Utah. She is one of those riotously entertaining Mormons who swears. She was telling me about her two awful ex-husbands and how good her new boyfriend, or "gentleman friend" as she put it is. She refuses to marry him though, says she is too old. They have lots of fun trips planned, including one to see grasshoppers frozen in a glacier in Montana. Leighton Carroll was waiting for me at the airport with lots of hugs and lots of food. He brought me: a Jamba Juice, a Wendy's chicken sandwich kid's meal, an extra chicken sandwich, and a PB&J sandwich. Bless his heart. We drove to his ward variety show and I was able to watch Leighton perform a skit- who's on first but Bishopric version. It was pretty funny.
Tuesday we woke up terribly early to have family scriptures at 6am before Leighton headed off to work. Catie took me and the dog for a walk. I worked on homework until I was captured away to go to a giant mall with Leighton's mom (Liza), older sister Jill and her two young children Emery and Clarissa, and 13-year-old Catie. We made it to a whole of two stores: the Rainforest Cafe which was very decked out in rainforest-ness and Burlington Coat Factory. They have more than just coats- I didn't know that. I was sad we missed out on the Forever 21 and H&M in the mall, but oh well! Once Leighton got home we went with the family (Liza, dad (Wayne), Matthew (18), and Catie) to watch "The Rise of The Guardians" at the dollar theatre. It was a fun movie with really deep parallels to the Gospel. We made homemade pizza after that.
On Wednesday we (Jill & kids, Catie, and Matt) went to the Phoenix Zoo while Leighton was at work. I love their zoo! It felt like a safari. I almost went on a camel ride for only $4. I wanted to wait for if I went again with Leighton though. They had cute elephants and giraffes, these funny things called dick dicks, a rhino, a lion and lioness, a tiger and a jaguar, and a whole bunch of monkeys. One monkey put a palm branch on his head and walked around with it there. I also was so very close to a sting ray; so creepy! I really liked the zoo and the animals looked so very happy. We ate lunch there. For dinner Leighton's home teachers took us out for dinner at a very Mexican mexican place. Everyone in the restaurant was speaking Spanish and I got the smallest tacos that I have ever seen in my life. Afterwards we went to the temple and participated in a session. There are lots of signs in the Mesa temple which I like: The Glory of God is Intelligence, Those who seek me shall find me, etc. They also have this double staircase leading up to the Celestial Room with murals of American Indians on the sides. Once we got home from the temple we played Bang with Matthew, Catie, and two of Matthew's friends.
Thursday morning was terribly hot but we still went to the Gilbert Riparian Preserve to see the water and the birds. We (Grandma GG, Liza, Jill's kids, Catie) all had out umbrellas and didn't make it very far with the kids. It was 92F and they weren't wanting to move very quickly. Thursday was March 14th, aka 3.14 aka PI aka pie day! We made oodles of pies. Oodles being: apple, banana creme, blueberry cheesecake, and lemon. The crusts weren't the best, but they weren't my mother's. GG had a great suggestion so I had Leighton take me to the dress rehearsal of The Easter Pageant at Mesa Temple. We were able to sit on a blanket and watch them perform under the stars. My favorite part of the pageant was the real lambs and donkey that they used. It is kind of a song and dance sort of show, so it was interesting, or at least not what I was expecting. So I was attempting to waltz with Leighton, and me having two left feet, met my left heel with Leighton's sharp toenails. He got me good and felt sooo bad. I thought it was kind of funny. He promptly went to clip his nails, find a bandaid, and apologize a billion times.
Friday my flight was at noon. I was in a silly mood from lack of sleep so I spent a good part of the morning being a sass and tickling Leighton and teasing him. We also worked very hard picking citrus trees so that we could make: orange juice, grapefruit juice, and lemonade. I then flew home and that was that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment