Sunday, May 23, 2010

Days 228-230

Ha Ha, so I am a major slacker. We will see what I can remember for the past month!
16 avril 2010 (Day 228)
Today Hannah and I were up before everyone else in the house. I sat up in bed for a while and eventually got out to do my yoga. We waited for everyone (everyone being Joel and Anne. Quinten is in an anti-participation anti-familial stage and he doesn’t eat breakfast.) to wake up and then we had leftover crepes…at least Hannah, Joel, and I did. Anne had cookies for breakfast (rock on!). We cleaned up and I practiced the piano for a little bit. I decided that once I get home I am going to practice playing hymns for my mission. It will come in handy.
We had cooked spinach and beets for lunch (mmm) and then we said our goodbyes and took the tram home. Hannah and I were pretty pooped so we sluffed institute…oops! We are so grateful for the Garon’s and their hospitality though. We had so much fun playing games and jamming out with them
17 avril 2010 (Day 229)
Today I taught English to that cute Andrea. Before I did (and after) I checked out the Braderie, this giant carnival/street market. I almost bought some shoes and I had my first real Spanish chichi. I also got to help the Elders teach Lisa and Zeng Chao. We taught Zeng Chao about the Plan of Salvation. Man, Elder Bourgeois definitely has a different style, but it was okay. Today the trams were shut down because of the Braderie so we all got to walk home. The elders stopped at a kebab shop and bought some nasty kebabs, but the man was really nice and offered us some free tea. The Elders had fun talking to some people who called them Jehovah’s Witnesses and Hannah came and met me walking.
18 avril 2010 (Day 230)
Blessed Sundays. They are so much fun. Hannah and I took the tram to church. We decided to walk to the chateau to wait for the tram. I was contently studying Preach My Gospel. This older man walked up and asked me what I was studying. I told him that it was church material. He then said that I was not French, to which I concurred. He then started asking me the following questions in English (to which I responded in French): You are very beautiful. What is you astrological sign? Aries. Ahh. What year were you born? 1989. Where are you from in America? Utah. Utah. U-T-A-H. Have a nice day America. I was laughing a lot after that lovely conversation. I picked back up my book and continued to read when two incredibly drunk/stoned/high younger men came by and asked me what I was reading. I answered again and then one sat down next to me. The other sat down on the sidewalk. The one next to me, who was black, started asking me why God sent three books to the earth: the torah, the Koran, and the Bible. I was trying to answer him and then he started asking me who the present president was, but he was mumbling it so I could not figure out what he was saying. He was quite proud that Obama was black.
In Relief Society the lesson was on prayer. They got into an argument about whether or not you can pray in bed lying down. Katy and Cecilia made it for the investigator class which Elder Bourgeois taught in English about prophets. I translated the sacrament meeting for Katty, which was really neat and fun. The choir sang a song for the closing hymn. Afterwards Katty told me that while we were singing her heart felt big and warm. I told her that it was the spirit and God’s love and that she could feel that all the time. She really liked it. And Cecilia called Elder Lazarev and said that she got an answer to her question and was then asking Elder Knapp after church about how long it takes to be baptized.
Choir was…beyond interesting. I guess the inter-region church people said we need to stop having lots of meetings on Sundays. This apparently includes choir. They think we should do it a different day of the week (ha ha..that is a joke). So the choir director was like we are going to break the rules and keep practicing because we are singing at the stake conference but after that we might not have choir anymore. It was ridiculous.
Hannah and I ate dinner with Jen. We’ve been hanging out a lot more with Jen lately; it has been fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment