26 avril 2010 (Day 238)
School starts again this week. It is the last week of classes…how crazy is that. I feel like I haven’t spent any time in my classes and the semester is pretty much over. Hard core studying has officially begun. My visiting teachers came today and gave a really nice message about personal revelation.
27 avril 2010 (Day 239)
Studying all day. Literally all day. I’ve been looking up people and concepts from my notes on Wikipedia. I kind of gave up studying my notes because they were useless. Pretty sure I ate some good pasta. First test tomorrow. I had a pretty fun time studying and watching Transformers 2. I was so engrossed in this studying with mild distractions that Elder Knapp called me back about 3 minutes after he called me to confirm a thing because he thought something was terribly wrong because I wasn’t my usual over-enthusiastic self. I thought that was purty hilarious, otherwise I’d be more offended that he thought that I sounded “under the weather.”
28 avril 2010 (Day 240)
Oh boy I took my French literature class today. The first question was great. It asked about how the 20th century affected literature. The second question was not so great. I had no idea what the answer was to this absurd question so I very badly BS’d my way through that second essay. Pray that I just get a passing grade. To celebrate this epic failure of mine Jen and I went out and got Amorino gelato. It was totally worth it. I think crème caramel is my new favorite flavor. I also taught Andrea again today. I’ve been going over verbs and vocabulary with her the most of the time. She really is so cute and smart, she just forgets stuff sometimes.
29 avril 2010 (Day 241)
The study-a-thon continues. Today me and Jen went out and ate no-bake cookies and sat on a blanket while I taught her about the sociology of art. I’ve got this material down pat. And be proud of me people…I said “no” to someone. The missionaries called and asked if I could help teach and I declined. It was actually quite funny. I have missed the past few times they have called because I’ve been shopping or in my kitchen or what not and so they finally left a message. It was Elder Bourgeois. Screaming. “Why don’t you ever answer your phone?!!?” I then got to call back and say the same thing. It was therefore lucky Hannah who got to go with the Elders who didn’t tell her they were giving the lesson on chastity. And the boys…they act like boys during the chastity lesson and make it awkward.
30 avril 2010 (Day 242)
Today is my very last day of class! And it is also my art oral exam. It has been a pretty insane week. I found out that all my sociology of cultures papers are due on Monday when I thought I’d have two more weeks. So pretty much I haven’t been sleeping and have been cranking out at least one 2-3 page French paper every day this week. I think it might be getting to me. I have had a ton of energy and haven’t been going to the gym this week but I did today. I hopped on the bike and gave Jen a super fast (30 minute) summary of the class all while biking and essentially spewing. It was then that she started worrying for my mental health. It was kind of sad having the last history class. Today we talked a lot about the politics of the president today and such.
I went in to my sociology of art oral exam smiling, and came out smiling. He said I was a very vibrant student and always laughing (not my fault he is funny). The question for the oral exam was “What is art?” which is not an easy question to answer but I mumbled through it and he gave me a 13/20 which was the best score for us foreign students. Now don’t freak out because that is a good grade in France. They never give out 20s, let alone 19s. You are like a genius if you get an 18 and they consider a 10 good.
1 mai 2010 (Day 243)
Being in my room is like having menopause. Sun up. hot. Sun down. Cold. Wind. Colder. No breeze. Warm again.
Monday, May 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment