Wow! Talk about epic failure!
I swear I didn't intend to get so behind and leave you all in the dark.
I am alive and well, life just happened.
Since I last wrote I have been to a couple of baptisms, bought lots of clothes to wear on my mini-mission, wrote 6 papers in a week, hopefully passed all my french exams, have made friends with the organic bread man at the market, been to a church dance, helped teach amis of the church, eaten ice cream, had crepes at the Garon's with the elders and who knows what else.
I am leaving for my mini-mission here in France on the 25th of May, aka SOON! I have almost all the clothes I need but I definitely don't feel spiritually prepared.
I was following the missionary 10:30-6:30 sleep schedule for about a week, but after finals studying crash I decided it was better to let my body sleep until it felt ready to catch up. Mother, you will be pleased to know that I've been getting my 9-10 hours of sleep again at night. I also went on a mad 2 hours a day at the gym streak which also lasted for about a week until my body decided it was too sleepy and I had some more important things to do.
This week I got to go with Jess, Jess's mom, and Hannah to Chambord. It is pretty much the most amazing castle. Ever. It is straight up out of the French Renaissance and has the most incredible double-helix staircase. During WWII they stored tons of works of art from the museums there...how cool is that?
I've sent of 5 kilos of books and I now own all the Harry Potter books in French with the exception of the seventh.
It is insane that life is wrapping up here. I have really mixed feelings about it. I do miss my sonicare toothbrush, my best friend, and I desperately need new running shoes. I've also been craving cupcakes (or fairy cakes as the Brits fancy to call them) and you definitely can't find those here! My jeans have also seen the end of it; they now are growing holes that shouldn't have holes and they are an entirely different color. They have served me well though (since like 8th grade or something ridiculous like that).
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Glad to see that you are still alive! Thanks for writing.
ReplyDeleteMom