Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 150: Bye John!

28 janvier 2010 (Day 150)
Today was so warm… at least compared to yesterday. This morning when I woke up it was 8C degrees warmer than the high yesterday. I woke up a little earlier than normal so that I could help John take all his luggage to the tram. We waited around for the cleaning lady for a really long time in the hallway. It was getting closer and closer to when John really had to leave at the latest. We had an awkwardly quick goodbye since I had to go to class, but John made it back to Scotland already (to be leaving to Germany in a couple of weeks). My phonetics classes were good. My morphology syntax teacher is a stud, and I’m sure I’ll be telling you this every week, because he is. In phonetics we started learning the international phonetic alphabet and then he had us listen to an excerpt and write it phonetically. Talk about hard! We had just barely learned the alphabet in that same hour! After class I went and ran around the hippodrome (horse racing track) three times and had some leftover rice from last night’s party. I did oodles of things on my to do list today…I caught up on my journaling, made a delicious omelet with cheese & tomatoes, and I successfully gave away the rest of the leftover rice. In the midst of my journaling I started going through my classical music. I have always thought that I hear the same song over, and indeed, it is true. I had several duplicates so I cleared them out and I now know my classical composers on a first name basis, which is enjoyable. A lot of them have the same (or close) first name. So I did waste some unnecessary time, but now my music is one step closer to being completely organized.