22 fevrier 2010 (Day 175)
Today I ran into the missionaries at the store. It was pretty nuts. I went to Carrefour to get some oats and canned goods and low and behold in the yogurt aisle…the missionaries! Elder Lazarev gave me an odd look and went marching down the aisle away from me. Elder Knapp tried calling the other pair telling them that they were contacting this cool lady and that they should come meet her. It didn’t work. It was great because I needed better directions for how to get a “Tours Religieuse” in Tours and Elder Bourgeois drew me a very very detailed map.
After I did my shopping I went on a nice six mile run around the riverbanks of the Erdre. The other highlight of my day was going to John MyByrne’s, a popular Irish pub in Nantes with my friend Andrei. I met Andrei at an Autour de Monde activity. He is 22/23, Romanian, and perfectly trilingual (English, French, Romanian). We had a nice time talking and saying goodbye. He has been here on work experience in the hospitals for the past 6 months because he is going to be a doctor. We talked about movies, his hair (he is growing it out- he asked me what I thought about it), vacationing, where he should work, his sister, etc. He had a beer and bought me a hot chocolate (how nice). I was mostly really impressed that he convinced them to make me hot chocolate. We stayed there for a couple of hours but after a while we were both yawning so we went home. It was sort of weird because it was kind of a date because it was just us and he bought me a drink, but it kind of wasn’t. Fun stuff.

