29 janvier 2010 (Day 151)
Friday, Friday, Friday’s my favorite day! Ha ha, not really (Saturday is) but it is Friday already here in France. Sociology was hilarious as usual. The prof is really such a hoot. He is so animated and such a crazy professor, I love it! After his class I went to the resto-u and had some lunch. Today I had nasty green beans (and I normally love green beans) that tasted like butter (the frenchies LOVE butter), bulgar & beef enchilada-ness, and a strawberry shortcake. It was a good change of food since who knows when the last time I had beef.
I did some shopping (I think) and then went back to school for history. There were so many people in the class! There is this one really dumb girl who doesn’t pay attention and asks questions, the kind that the professor just answered two seconds before. Bless her heart. We continued going over a brief history of France (so we can pick up where we left off last semester) which included the end of Napoleon Bonaparte and the beginning of the IIIe Republique. I went home and grabbed something quick to eat and then headed off to institute. Satan just didn’t want me to go to institute today. There was something on the tracks, so part of the tram line was closed and I had to walk. Then at my stop, those darn tram Nazis wanted to see my ticket. I had my pass this time, but she wouldn’t let me off even though it was my stop. The lady was like I need to see your ticket first, and I was like okay, but it’s my stop, can we get off? Then, as the tram started moving she said, “You won’t miss it.” Which I did. So I had to get off at the next stop and wait for a tram going the other way. Needless to say, I was pretty upset that I was going to be late for institute. Luckily, it’s French Mormons, so I was there right in time. We had a substitute (we normally have this older lady Marie-Vaughn. She is really nice, but really boring. AKA institute is normally 90 very long, cold minutes of me day dreaming wishing I was with a Utah religious teacher, like Brad Caldwell.) and he was so great! You could feel the spirit and I learned so much. It wasn’t just the teaching giving us flack for not knowing what city so and so was teaching in in the 34 chapter of Alma.
My French schedule for second semester:
Wednesday: French Literature, Sociology of Cultures
Thursday: Morphology and Syntax, Phonetics and Phonology
Friday: Sociology of Art, History of France

