Hannah and Jennifer walking to class
10 fevrier 2010 (Day 163)
Good early morning! It was off to school at 8am to French literature. Today class was relatively bearable. It helped that I had a Cadbury egg from Cheryl to eat. It was a chilly day! After class Hannah and I went to the warmest place, the library, (which still required gloves, coats, and scarves) to read for an hour. Afterwards we went to our sociology of cultures class. Today we talked about different ways to classify people and their cultured-ness. There are some pretty interesting theories.
For lunch I went to the Pole Etudiante and got a Panini (that had a spicy hot dog and tomatoes in it…weird!) and a beignet (chocolate filled donut…mmm) for later. I had my Panini, which was surprisingly good while watching these crazy little films the school made. The “lab” for French Lit was actually interesting today. This is manifest by the fact that I don’t have TONS of doodles on my paper and I didn’t look down at my watch too much. I did have the fright of my life when my phone started vibrating though.
It turned out to be the missionaries, so I called them back when I was done with class. It was Elder Bourgeois who had called and he just wanted to say (after he made me wait for a minute) that he met some people who knew me (best part was that I don’t know who he was talking about) and that he know has the girl’s phone number. I made fun of him for that because of how he said it. He then passed me off to Elder Maxfield because Elder B. was getting on the bus (I’m confused too) and Elder M. asked how I was, who called who, and apologized because he had no idea what Elder B. and I had been talking about. It was all really funny. Elder Maxfield asked Elder Bourgeois if he still needed to talk to me (no) so Elder Maxfield and I said goodbye and hung up.
Hannah and I went for a long run today! It was great. She showed me this forest/park/trails everywhere awesome place and it even started snowing! We ran for about 40 minutes and it felt so good. It was nice to go with someone to have them push me. It felt so good outside and you could feel all the seasons mixing into each other. It was fantastic!
While I was eating dinner before going to the symphony, I talked to Pierrick, my YSA dancing friend from Rennes. He loves kids and wants to be a pediatrician. He figured this out after helping his mom take care of his five siblings after his parents divorced. He also likes to try to make me laugh. We are planning on hanging out sometime, but we live 60 miles away, so it will take some hardcore planning. It was a crazy conversation because it was all just a seamless mélange of French and English (from both parties). Talk about mind blowing!
I went to the symphony. I met Kev at Commerce and Hannah and several others were behind. We got there too late so we didn’t get tickets. We do have tickets for tomorrow night though. I feel badly that we all went all that way to have been too late. It is odd because the symphony wasn’t as popular at the beginning but there were loads of people there tonight. It was alright though because I saw my favorite fellow non-Mormon-but-loves-Mormons Utahn Igor. He is a tall gangly half French half who knows what, has lived everywhere but loves Salt Lake City and is now living in France guy. He is a sweetheart and is planning on coming to the next burrito fest!

