Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 169: Fat Tuesday Indeed


crumble noisette
16 fevrier 2010
I am so proud of myself today. I didn’t sleep in (even though it was really tempting). I set my alarm for 7am and got up then. I was secretly hoping that I could talk to some of my friends online then, but the internet wasn’t working! I had breakfast, did yoga, and read my scriptures. Right as I finished reading my scriptures the internet started working. Some of my friends were still on even though it was after midnight for them, but they didn’t really stay on to talk to me.
I went downstairs and got new sheet s and went off on a run. It was a nice run, only -4C today. At first I was planning on heading to my favorite forest but then at the last moment I changed my mind and decided to run along the river. I saw the boy’s cross country team running as well as a bunch of other people. The highlight was definitely when I was running on the board walk. They have these intermittent switchbacks like annoying-things to keep bikers from going too fast because you have to weave around to get through. I was happily running along, trying to catch up with the very attractive very fast runner ahead of me (he was really moving) when I slipped going through the switchback! I banged my knee and one of my feet went through the side planks and was partially stuck. I had a little audience for this and they made sure I was okay. I finished up my run and when I got home, glory glory I have a magnificent hematoma. It is definitely now more painful to walk then it was to keep on running. After showering I noticed that I had a lot of standing water so I decided to clean out the drain. Eww. Eww. Eww. That is more disgusting than the fish tank in Finding Nemo when Nemo makes the filter stop working.
I’ve discovered Cat Stevens this week and have been listening to him a lot. I really like his songs “Can’t Keep It In” “Father and Son” “Don’t Be Shy” and “The Wind”.
You’ve got so much to say, say what you mean, Mean what you’re thinking, and think anything. Oh why, why must you wast your life away, You’ve got to live for today, then let it go. –Can’t Keep It In
It’s not time to make a change, Just relax, take it easy. You’re still young, that’s your fault, there’s so much you have to know. Find a girl, settle down, If you want you can marry, Look at me, I am old but I’m happy. –Father and Son
While I am writing random things, I got sent this today and I really liked it.
Life is too short to wake up with regrets.
So love the people who treat you right.
Love the ones who don't just because you can.
Believe everything happens for a reason.
If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.
If it changes your life, let it.
Kiss slowly.
Forgive quickly.
God never said life would be easy.
He just promised it would be worth it.
So today is Mardi Gras. I was planning on going out with Hannah into town but Hannah is going ice skating and seeing as I banged my knee today, I am not up for ice skating so I am spending a quiet evening at home instead. I probably need it since I took a nap today (that cold got me good). Also Hannah has noticed that going to real French classes just exhausts you because you work so hard to listen and take notes. I’ve yet to study my notes though (oops) or read more of the stinking Schwann book…it is just not Harry Potter, lol. I did have a nice rice and bean creation for dinner as my celebration of Mardi Gras, although I don’t think I’m giving up anything this year for forty days. Maybe if I think of something…
SWEET OF THE WEEK I decided to get my treat today since my knee was turning purple and I felt badly for it. I ended up getting a “crumble noisette” why she said it is noisette, I don’t know. But basically it is a tarte crust with chocolate and apple filling with chocolate crumble on top. It was pretty decent and perfect to soothe my chocolate craving tooth today.