Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 161: I'll give you something to whistle about



8 fevrier 2010 (Day 161)
I got myself out of bed this morning and went on a run. It was a little chilly, but it felt good to be out. I went to run on the track because I decided it would be smart to stay close to my room. There was a team there (if you can call them a team, maybe more of a class) and they were doing their laps. I wanted to kill their coach. He blew his whistle. Every. Five. Seconds. Running for 14 minutes with some crazy man blowing a whistle all the time is really annoying. Luckily, being in the still sick state I am, I was relatively unconscious during my run which kept me from wanting to steal his whistle. I ran for a good thirty minutes. I definitely felt more awake afterwards, could breathe threw my nose (all my snot got on the track…he he), and my ear popped…well more like dislodged the some of the wax that has been blocking my ear canal. It is a shame that the ear, nose, and throat are connected, because my ears are stuffy again. I gave up taking drugs on Friday, because they weren’t helping. After my run I had some museli and yogurt (I love the two together for breakfast), showered, and then started to write in the Book of Mormon I was giving Nana as a “present from Elder Smiley” (he did want me to give her one, and I’m sure he would approve of it being from him. I bore my testimony and highlighted a lot of scriptures. Hopefully she will read it. I met up with her at the school and we talked for about 30 minutes about life and such and then I came back and paid my rent (for Feb-Mar-April), mailed a letter, cleaned my room, and got my SWEET OF THE WEEK. I got a mille feuille because I’ve been eyeing them since I got here. I chose the wrong store to get it at I suppose, because it was rather disappointing. I also think it was old. It had a weird chocolate icing top that I did not like, and it didn’t have any raspberries (tears). Oh well, 2/3 isn’t too bad! The rest of the day I spent doing other little things on my to do list, reading MLIA, and trying to find my plate fork and knife. I still haven’t found them and I would like them back. Eating salad with a spoon is just weird.
Advice of the day: Don’t clean with q-tips in your ears. You will inevitably hit the q-tip and it will hit your eardrum, causing pain and a French curse word to escape from your tongue. Why there were q-tips in my ears. 1. They are plugged. 2. I thought of Mme Clark’s story about how when she saw her husband do that she knew he was the one because it reminded her of her dad.
Oh! I forgot to mention, we will be having 4 missionaries in Nantes again starting Friday! The Chinese speaking on is coming to have a little "break" from Paris!