Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 176: 7 Miles with an English Lesson

23 fevrier 2010 (Day 176)
I am the bomb. The bomb being someone who ran over 7 miles today. I ran everywhere! After almost getting ran over (don’t worry, I am a pro at jumping on the hoods of ladies who aren’t paying attention and trying to squish me flat), I ran to the Japanese Garden, a couple of squares, the castle, and all over the Jardin des Plantes (Plant Garden). I finished my run before a lot of rain. I was so proud of myself for running so far. I went over lots of bridges and it was adventurous. I had some Chinese food for lunch (I bought egg rolls). I didn’t realize how much I’ve missed having Chinese food…yummy!
Before I went to help teach English at the church I went and got my weekly macarons (vanilla was surprisingly disappointing), I went to the book store (still no Harry Potter 5-7), and printed off my train tickets for our trip which will start very very early tomorrow morning! I was reading Proust on the tram so I didn’t notice that Elder Lazarev and Knapp were on the tram. I guess Elder Knapp was trying to sneak up to steal my book but there were some ladies looking at him so he had to talk to one so it didn’t look suspicious. I got a text from Hannah which woke me up from my book and I noticed the Elders. I am sure that the lady next to me thought I was crazy because I kept looking at the missionaries (Knapp was talking to a lady and Lazarev was making faces) and vice versa. While walking to the church the Elders joked that I put a GPS in one of their bags because I keep running into them. This one was not on purpose though. Yesterday I had a gut feeling that the missionaries would be at Carrefour. Well, Elder Knapp continued to be (cough) so kind to me so he had me introduce myself and then told the small group there that I was going to be teaching the lesson today. Well then, now wasn’t that interesting. Elder Knapp (after correcting some of my English) then disappeared and so I had a wild ride impromptu-ing a lesson. It wasn’t too bad, but you know me and I like to be organized. I’m going to figure out sometime how to get Elder Knapp back. Elder Bourgeois broke the chalkboard (can we say funny!). Don’t ask me how, but he did.