6 fevrier 2010 (Day 159)
I still have my cold, but I’m doing a lot better. I woke up really early this morning for no reason. I made myself go to bed and woke up later, a lot more tired. I should have stayed up when I got up at six. I got ready for the day and went off to the market to see how my vendor friend’s Book of Mormon reading was going. My first stop was to the chocolaterie to get a macaron (Wikipedia it, it is not like a coconut macaroon). Today I decided to get a citron (lemon) macaron and it was divine. I missed out on a whole semester of goodness. I couldn’t find my friend at the market today. I went through at least twice looking for him, but he was nowhere to be seen. I did find some organic heafty bread. For some silly reason I bought the big one of it instead of the smaller. I also bought some potatoes for my potato soup, some apples, and I bought some manadarin oranges from the cutest girl who was around 11, helping her dad. She was too cute learning how to be a vendor.
I decided to head over to IKEA to get Isabel’s Daim (a Swedish crunchy butter almond bar covered in chocolate) cake because I lost our bet. Cheryl happened to find Pierrick and told me that I had to add him because I believe she said we are “a match made in heaven” (to which I disagree). I didn’t think this Pierrick’s picture looked like the boy I danced with, so I bet Isabel a Daim cake. I lost. At IKEA I bought a placemat & a plastic gerber daisy (I’ve been tempted to get both items since I got here). I also found a potato peeler (lately my carrots have had clear white rocks in them…yuck) that is amazing! I want to take it home (it is that good). I went to E.Leclerc, a shopping center, to get some items. I ended up coming out happily with food to eat. I tranquilly took the tram down to the patisserie by my house and decided to get a lemon meringue tarte for my SWEET OF THE WEEK. It was good (not as good as the last tarte) but it had a tad too much meringue…a tad being I put 2/3 of the meringue in the trash can.
Some of my neighbors came and borrowed my plate, knife, and fork (they were having lunch with friends). I still haven’t gotten them back… while I was waiting for my plate to return I did get my room all clean (first time all week) and started to catch up on journaling. Luckily, I made myself delicious potato soup (and put potatoes in it) so no plate was needed.

