2 octobre 2009 (Day 32)
Today was super! I was really excited for my bourse aka stipend (I’ve been planning what to get when I finally got my money) so I was really fidgety and anxious in my classes. After learning about how you are forced to vote in Brazil. It is pretty nuts. Right now in France voting in regards to privatizing the mail delivery system. I ran to the bank and got my bank card after orale and before theatre. I then went to theatre and we went over assigning parts and did some pronunciation drills. Theatre is going to take a lot of time- I do have lots of lines and will get to wear a white dress. The roll really suits me though, I am a naïve virgin who is nice and a hopeless romantic. I got to eat with my friend Nana from Ghana who I asked to RS broadcast (she didn’t come to it). She bought a ticket for the restaurant so I had the right amount to get a ticket for the tramway to buy an annual tram pass. It was perfect! I also didn’t have to wait to get my carte bancaire which was another happy thing because I wasn’t late for class like I thought I would be. I spoke French really well today too; I talked to a girl in French, offered to help her with her English so we exchanged information. She is majoring in English and I am the first native English speaker she has ever met! Crazy! In History I learned a lot about Louis XIV who made his mark with the term “absolute monarchy.” He was apparently attractive (lots of people said so) and he actually loved his job and being so…absolute. Whereas Louis number 15 and 16 hated it and it didn’t suit their personalities.
I bought my ticket and went on the tram up to commerce. I got my annual pass really quickly. I thought it would take a long time but there was no line and not a lot of things to sign. So the first thing I did after buying a tram pass was to go to Carrefour. I have heard that they have the best Museli ever, so naturally I had to go buy some. They have really inexpensive cereals there in general (as well as a pack of granola bars for .50E). I bought a lot of stuff. I went to E.Leclerc as well today. While there I bought some stunning purple slippers that look like shoes, purple-pink tights [I call them my ‘wicked tights’], and lots of cookies. I think I bought a pack of every kind they had. I also got a phone plan so I can try to be more social now. I also got a letter from my amazingly wonderful grandma, so it was just a perfect day! I got money, food, and love! An even more exciting letter (is that possible) was an email about teaching English for 15E/hour! Good thing since I spent over 300 euros today (In my defense the tram pass cost over 200E)
Today has been such a wonderful day. I feel your prayers and know that God is watching over me. Tomorrow is going to be an exciting day!

