11 octobre 2009 (Day 41)
Oh boy did I have fun going to church today. About a minute after I got on the tram to Commerce I remembered that I didn’t have my wallet. My wallet happens to have my tram pass in it as well as my money and it happens to cost 60 euros if you are caught without a ticket. I got to Commerce without incident while trying to figure out what I’d say to the Tram Nazis: I don’t speak French, my wallet was stolen, what are you talking about, etc. I thought I’d take my gamble and get on the tram and just hop off if I saw the Tram Nazis. The Tram Nazis happened to be on the tram leaving from Commerce so I didn’t even get on. I tried to mouth some things to Lea, a member, but seeing as I didn’t have my phone it was pretty hopeless. Determined to go to church and have cool stories like M. le Prof, I began to walk the distance of the 15 minute tram ride. I was wearing my really cute new white shoes, but cute does not equate to comfort. About ten or fifteen minutes into my walk it began to be quite painful. Making the most of my adventure, I began to walk barefoot. I was in the midst of beginning my dangerously clever shortcut (thanks to the maps at the tram stops) that would leave the comfort of the tram line that I had been walking along for the past five stops and hopefully cut off some painful walking distance. Thanks to the powers that are, a family from the ward picked me up about 2 minutes before 9am, so I wasn’t too late to church (compared to how late I would have been). I was quite grateful for this ride.
Choir was good, it passed by without any grand incidents. I thankfully got a ride home with some members who actually offered to drive me each Sunday. I might take them up on the offer, although I do enjoy the tram ride studying (but not the waiting outside for 20 minutes for the next tram). I had cous cous and more cous cous and broke out some new cookies to try from my stash. Brooke E. and I have been trying to plan our winter break together. We are trying to find somewhere in Southern France to stay.

