Sunday, October 18, 2009
Day 47: La Baule
17 octobre 2009 (Day 47)
Today I spent a wonderful day at the beach with Afton. She is from Seattle Washington. She loves everything about France so it was good to spend the day with her to have her ridiculously happily-in-love-with-France attitude rub off on me. We got our train tickets and had a peaceful hour ride to La Baule. La Baule is supposedly the most beautiful beach in Europe. It was gorgeous with seashells littering the sparkling sand. It was so nice to have the sunshine and hear the waves crashing against the beach. We saw wind surfers, couples walking arm in arm, horseback riding on the beach, sand castles, and people searching for sea food. I don’t know if they were raking up oysters or clams. There were so many people collecting their fresh find while the tide was low. I enjoyed sneaking up on them to take their pictures. There were also lots of dogs on the beach. We found this washed up squid/octopus/alien thing. I made it have a face. It was pretty funny.
There was an amazing chocolate shop and we hadn’t had lunch, so we bought some caramels and chocolate. I probably got around 100 grams and it was over 5 euros! It tasted really good though. When we did it I got a chicken Panini and had one of my apples, yummy. I wanted to have a quiche, but we couldn’t find anywhere with quiche. We did find one restaurant that had a plate that cost 98 euros! A lot of the shops were closed for lunch. It was so great to just sit in the sun and roam around the town taking pictures. Afton has an amazing camera. We got to come back on a double decker train on the top half. It was so neat! I felt like I was in that Harry Potter bus.
We came home in time for dinner and homework doing, but I somehow didn’t do any homework yet again. I ended up being up until 12:30 sorting my music genres on iTunes…


