18 octobre 2009 (Day 48)
I had a delightful breakfast this morning after not wanting to get out of bed because I wanted to sleep more. I had hot chocolate, yogurt, and a tortilla. It is a pastry with croissant dough, chocolate chips, and something that I don’t know what it is that is twisted. I don’t know why they call it a tortilla. Today I put in a full work day at church. I got a ride with Armelle so that I could go to morning choir practice. We sang “O My Father” today in sacrament. It went really well. Church went about without anything noteworthy. We had choir practice really late today. I think it started two hours after church ended. It was okay because I talked to Isabel and I am going to get to stay with her in England for Christmas! She called her parents and they said it would be okay. I have my tickets and I will be going to Dublin Ireland for about a day and half and then flying from there to Manchester to spend at least a week exploring England. I am so glad that I will have a home for Christmas! It will be a lot of fun because she is Spanish as well, so they have different traditions. I also had some amazing dessert. One of the members gave me some of a chocolate tart that they had made. It was exquisite. In the words of my favorite person, “You’d sell your first child for it.” All the missionaries got “sheared” as Cheryl so delicately put it. I also got to talk to Elder Walter while we were waiting for choir while his companion was playing the piano. He will be transferred while I am on vacation and has 6 months to go. We talked about life and how his parents got divorced while he has been out on his mission. Poor kid. In choir we went over a couple of new songs. Bless the tenors’ hearts. They can’t pick a key.
I got home after 4:30pm from church (I left for church at 8:10am) and have been going through pictures from La Baule and catching up on my journal since then (besides munching on grapes, chocolate, leftovers, cookies, more cookies, yogurt). Now it is terribly late, my room looks like a tornado went by, and I haven’t done any homework this weekend! Good thing I’ll be on vacation in a week, because I apparently don’t want to do homework! Hopefully I’ll do it AND get to sleep this week though. Next week I’ll be sleeping on a train and in an airport so I need all the sleep that I can get.

