Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sweden

So for all of you aka my dad, who are wondering, I'm on vacation in Sweden. It is so wonderful here. I'm staying with a family in a quaint yellow house built in 1904 about a 25 minute train ride from downtown Stockholm. The land is full of trees that have leaves that are falling to the ground. The sun goes down around 5pm but while it is light it is a beautiful sight. Everyone here thinks that I am Swedish. I have learned a few words, but mostly TACK or thanks. I've tried some traditional Swedish food, mmm...this has included breads, Christmas porridge, cinnamon rolls, snacks, and tonight meatballs! The family is so cute and polite. They are the best hosts. We have explored the Palace, the Old City, the Vasa Museum (a giant ship), and the Museum of Natural History where we saw a film in 3D about sea monsters. The air here feels much better than in France, it is a lot more dry. I sleep in an adorable room in a comfy bed with my ultra warm feather blanket. I really think I could live here if it weren't for the cold and lack of light that will be coming.
Everyone should live in Sweden, I don't know what I was thinking being in love with France!