16 septembre 2009 (Day 16)
Another good day in France. I slept in, finished reading Jane Austen and went to class. We talked about wine for two hours straight in French culture. I was so lost with the entire vernacular of wines, their taste, and making wine. It was fun to watch everyone drool taking about certain wines. I learned that a dry wine is one that isn’t very sugary and that white wine is stronger than red.
I ventured into the “poisson” (fish) line today at lunch. I’m still not quite sure what I ate. I looked it up and I guess I had “white cuttlefish in parsley and garlic sauce with peanut and pineapple curry”. Um…what’s a cuttlefish?? I do love the food though! The Resto-U is always a surprise (some surprises are better than others).
I made some giant leaps today! I sat by strangers and talked to them at lunch, talked to people in French before class, and found Harry Potter in French! After class I went into Commerce with Juan from my class and found a second-hand bookstore that a friend recommended. There were all sorts of books, but I quickly found Harry Potter for around 2,90E each and bought the first book. While trying to find my way back to the tram I got lost (as usual). I stumbled upon this great hippie shop called Lunas. I think I might buy a purse there and lots of clothes for Kirstin.
I really like my cozy little room that faces the sunrise that I wake up to, each morning. The huge desk space is great. Having all my food in my bedroom will provide me ample opportunity to practice self control. I need to work on that one. I definitely need to do more shopping though so I can fill up all my space (my closet has 4 things hanging in it).

