4 septembre 2009 (Day 4)
I ate oatmeal with apple slices today (I couldn’t find any brown sugar) that made me miss home, but then I wanted to stay in Nantes again when I found out that we can ride horses for free.
Today we had a tour of the University.
Went to hangar des bananes, loire, animals Les Machines de l’île
I saw Elder Tanner Staples on the tram today! It was one of those double look things and then a, “I know you!” It was so great to see him. He gave us directions to the church. He has been in France for 20 months and said that Abe McKay is currently serving in Paris. He said that the ward is big. Sam asked later if Elder was both of their firsts names. I said no, and tried to explain, but that is a hard thing to explain- the title Elder. I was totally caught off guard. I think this is the first person with whom I’ve talked that has no knowledge of the LDS church.
I went to Marche-U again and got 4 pain au chocolats for 1,50 euros. I also bought some candy bars called Bueno that Fabian highly recommended. I bought 750 grams of salt for 0,35E which is crazy cheap!
I ate at the Resto-U called “le Rubis” or The Ruby (due to its shape) for dinner. It was really good for cafeteria food. The presentation was very impressive. I had a macaroni noodle salad, lasagna & salad, and some cream puff/éclair dessert. I snagged an orange and roll for later.
We went out into the town to try and find the night life. I found my favorite ice cream chain from Paris, a place with falafels (the first I’ve seen), and a really yummy smelling pizza place called Pinocchio or something like that. When everyone decided to go to the bar I found my way back by myself (yay!) to the tram. I was having a jolly good time listening to these Brits talking when this odd black man started talking, then signing, then saying in English that I was very beautiful. He then proceeded to chuckle, sign and say something to his friend, to ask where I was from, introduce his friend and chuckle some more. I think they were asking for my number (or something) and I said no and then he started signing more things (swear words?). Thankfully, it was my stop and a cute Brit named Tom bumped into me and we chatted. He is in med school here. I must say, I start talking with a British accent when I am around it, but I think that Scottish accents can be more attractive. All I can say is tall brown haired boys my age are much better than older creepy black males.


No comments:
Post a Comment