Friday, September 11, 2009

Day 7: Gelato heaven


"Our 100 year-old lawns are reserved for the little birds."

Cody, Hannah, Carter, and Sam at the Jardin des Plantes

7 septembre 2009 (Day 7)
Today I finally got to visit Patricia Choblet. I whammed my foot on the door going in, it hurt so bad. Sam came with me; we’ve been hanging out a lot. It took a long time to figure things out with my carte de sejour and I still need more forms of ID. ISEP is also changing how our housing is paid, and it will be a pain as well.
I had a Regina pizza today at the Resto-U. Regina pizzas I guess have mushrooms and ham on them.
We met up with Cody, our fashion conscience friend from church and walked around “Le Jardin des Plantes” (The Garden of Plants). It is a really nicely manicured place with plants from various parts of the world. The exciting part was afterwards when we got ice cream. We went to my favorite gelato chain from vacations past. I had a refreshing, although expensive raspberry and nutella experience. Hannah chose the most divine caramel crème. It was unlike anything I have ever tasted. The flavor was so exquisite with the texture that it is just simply indescribable.
I almost cried with joy this evening. A fifteen minute tram ride equals heaven. I found a real grocery store. Okay, it is more like a Walmart on steroids, but it means that there is LOTS of food choices. They have a whole entire isle devoted to yogurt, it is amazing. I also found some healthy 12-grain bread. I honestly almost started crying because I was so happy that I wouldn’t be stuck eating the same stuff.
I have seen so many tender mercies on this trip. I cannot articulate how glad I am that I have angels (several legions, no doubt) that are guiding me and protecting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment