Sunday, September 6, 2009

Day 3: Touring Nantes

Gorgeous old wood work
Sainte Croix
The Castle of the Dukes of Brittany
The Cathedral of St. Pierre and St. Paul

Mecredi 3 septembre 2009 (Day 3)
After I got my own chambre (room) we went on a walking tour of Nantes. We went to the Cathedral of Nantes that was built in the 1500s thanks to the Duc de Bretagne (Duke of Brittany). Inside there is a gorgeous mélange of the Italian Renissance and Christianity/antiquity. The tomb of François II and the Duchesse de Margaret is there, guarded by four statues, Prudence, Force, Justice, and Temperance. We went to the château de Duc de Bretagne. The outside walls are very fortified and powerful looking, whereas the inside is much softer and has the impression.
Kebab
I had my first kebab today. I got it with “frites” (fries) for only 4 euros. A kebab has a sauce, lettuce and tomato, and this shaved meat the turns around on a rotisserie that they make into a sandwich. It was pretty delicious.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked the kebab! We had those in Russia, albeit without the fries. Yum. Just remember to follow it up with a Coke to kill any of the bacteria ;)

    ReplyDelete