Mardi 2 septembre 2009 (Day 2)
Today was the day of our placement test. I definitely haven’t studied a lot. I felt like I did okay, though there are a lot of things I want to go over that I learned in high school. There were several sections, including: listening, grammar, writing, and comprehension. We also had an oral 10 minute interview. The professor who interviewed me said that I did really well. I didn’t understand all that she said, but she said she was placing me in level 5 (out of 6) for this section of the test. I tried to be bold and “parler” (speak) a lot. I also rambled when I wasn’t quite sure exactly she was asking. I really would make a great Politian.
Before I had my interview, we went to the “Resto-U” (university restaurant). I got a salad (I’ve yet to find salad dressing anywhere) with tuna, some lemon tarte thing, and around 2 cups of green beans with some chicken. The main course didn’t feel super healthy, but it was nice to get a decent meal in me. After the interview I did some registration and went to SMEBA. SMEBA has housing insurance that you are required to pay. It was around 30 euros.
I also went to a grocery store and to McDonald’s to use Carter’s computer to let you know I got here safely. The weather changes here quite quickly. It will be sunny one minute then raining the next. The rain here isn’t in huge drops, but many.
We got the key for the salle de télevision (tv room) (you have to give them your keys to get the keys to any of the other rooms. You also have to schedule an appointment to do your laundry.) and watched some television. I can now say that I watched Michael Jackson music videos. We also watched a show called "Coûte la Coute" (Cut the Cost) that is kind of like Nanny 911 but with finances. It was actually kind of interesting.
Friday, September 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment