The view from my window- a rainy/muggy day.
17 septembre 2009 (Day 17)
Boy is the time flying here! Today was a very rainy day. I was very “mouille” or wet. So wet, in fact, that I went out and bought a fantastic green and cream umbrella. I also bought some “pantoufles” or slippers. They have some really styling slippers here that were out of my budget. I bought some “paille” one of my new favorite desserts. I went to IKEA again today to get a pillow among other things. I started attempting to do sun salutes in my room in the mornings which lead to the discovery, while in forward fold, that I can’t really fold forward because my neck hurts. I also bought some more dish rags, a larger bowl so I quit spilling boiling water on myself during transport, and a spectacularly blue circle rug to match my favorite pillow. I’ll take a picture of my coordination once I figure out how exactly to make my bed. Making beds has never been my forte, and this one is particularly difficult, since you can only attack the invading sheets from one side. I caved in and bought some Daims and gum. Daims are a delightful Swedish chocolate that reminds me of a heath bar. I really wanted to buy some Listerine, but at 4,21E for a small container I chose to buy gum instead. I was really hesitant because on the label it says, “etuis de 10 dragees” and “dragees” just looks too much like “drags”. I was worried that I was buying something bad, but it said “chewing-gum” on it, so I figured I was okay.
France goal accomplished! I finally bought a croquet-monsieur and ate it. It sounds really cool, but it is just a ham and grilled cheese sandwich French style. They have the ham inside and cheese melted on the outside of one side….if that makes sense.
I was going to go to the school’s welcome back party tonight, but wasn’t feeling the “dance party” vibe with the weather. But I am planning on going out to watch “La Haut” also known as “Up” this weekend, as well as go to the market again.

