22 octobre 2009 (Day 52) Make My Day
I woke up dark (it was not light) and early this morning to do my laundry. Before that time, I woke up in the middle of the night all hot and sweaty (curse that weird food) recalling the strangest dream that included some of my classmates and being force-fed popsicles. But back to laundry…the lovely lady at the reception desk told me that I couldn’t do my laundry because the machine broke. I replied, “Well no one told me before.” She tartly replied, “I’m telling you now.” Luckily I don’t have class until 1pm and luckily there was a spot open at 8:30 so I still got to do my laundry otherwise going to Sweden would have been interesting with 3 pairs of clean underwear. I can’t believe I fit that much laundry in the machine, I’m not sure it got clean, but it was so fantastically warm when it came out of the dryer. I think we should all appreciate warm out of the dryer wonderfulness. It is one of those little things that makes your day. Another thing that made my day was putting warm out of the dryer jeans on. They’re warm.
We had a test in writing which didn’t make my day, but I did do better than I think I would because I spent time to read through the essays twice before even starting to answer questions. I am amazed at how much more I get after reading it twice and translating it in my head on purpose as I read to make sure I am understanding and not just seeing words. I got my carte de sejour without problem which made my day, I can go to Switzerland and Sweden now! I also found 10 batteries at IKEA for 2 euros which made my wallet have a happy hayday. It was so happy, in fact, that it took Elder Walter and Elder Riley out on a date. Yes, I had a date with the missionaries (not really, but I enjoy saying it). Elder Walter is transferring soon, so I took them out for ice cream at Amorino, my favorite Italian Gelato joint. Today I tried vanilla, dark chocolate, nutella, amorino cherry, and chocolate chip. We talked about mission companions and other fun things like that. That made my day as well as the letter I got from Elder J-Lo. He told a hilarious story about his companion talking to him (and answering math problems correctly) while being asleep.
My yellow back pack is sitting contently on the ground now, practically ready to get on the TGV and go to Geneva, Switzerland and then to Sweden for a week. I am really excited to see Sweden, I never even thought of going there before. I hope I will get to learn a little of the language, about my ancestors, and maybe how to cook a thing or two.

