5 mars 2010 (Day 186)
I love Fridays. They really are the greatest. Class doesn’t start until 10, my teacher is hilarious, I get to go to the gym and then history and get macarons. Life doesn’t get much better than that. I really wish that everyone could appreciate the humor of my sociology of art teacher. Today he went on a parenthese (side story) about some guy who saved him a spot in the tram and drew a picture of him and then he was talking about how it was ugly people who made up that saying about how it is the inside that counts and that it just sucks to be ugly. This was after an amazing parenthese about epistemocentrisme scolastique. This is basically the idea that scholastic people will often give (or try to give) meanings to things that the artist created with no meaning/has a different meaning. AKA they give meanings/messages that weren’t given in a work from the artist. I completely agree. Especially with literature. The gym was also enjoyable. Not only did Hannah and I kick our abs’ trash, we got to stare at cute boys while rowing (which is my new favorite exercise next to running). I don’t like it because I get to analyze all the French boys, but because it is really repetitive like running, so you just get in sync and go and it works our my weak areas (shoulders, back, abs).
History was good as always. We had to fill out this stupid paper for this girl who is observing that was really dumb and really vague. Today we talked about women after the war and the economic crisis. Right after class I hopped on the tram and started eating my dinner before we had another rendezvous with Han. I got there about 10 minutes before we were supposed to start and the gate was locked! It was really cold so I sat outside for about 20 minutes, reading my Preach My Gospel wondering where the missionaries were. I heard a noise and I turned and saw Elder Lazarev trying to sneak up on me. I can’t believe they thought they could sneak up and open the gate without me noticing. Nice try.
Teaching Han the plan of salvation went really well. Elder Knapp had this gorgeous wooden sort of jigsaw puzzle of the plan of salvation that he used. Before we started Han had some really great questions about what she’s been reading in the Book of Mormon. She really is so smart and asks really good questions—I was learning new things! It is such a neat experience to go teach with the missionaries. Everyone should get a chance to do it. Han won’t be coming to church on Sunday because she has tests all next week. They will be meeting with her next Saturday. I’m really sad that I won’t get to be there because they think they are going to commit her to baptism then, but I’ll be in Rennes with Pierrick exploring the city!
The lesson was pretty long so it went into institute (I’m not complaining). I munched on my yummy nature and blue berry macarons and tried not to look at my watch too much.

