Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 195: Church in Rennes

14 mars 2010 (Day 195)
I love feather blankets. Europeans don’t believe in heating. The only downside is I eventually get warm and then when I wake up I am all sweaty. Luckily I got to shower before church. We just had cereal and drove about 20 minutes to church. And church was well, normal. They were super organized and it felt a lot like being at church in Utah. It definitely lacked the drama of Nantes ward with someone disagreeing with whomever is giving the lesson. I met this super duper tall girl that is from USU. She doesn’t know French very well and seemed to not have many friends. I felt really bad for her. She is the only girl in a Sunday school class filled with crazy boys. There is a missionary from Madagascar serving in Rennes and he is the best pianist I have ever heard. He had about half the congregation crying. He played so beautifully and you could just really feel that his spirit was in the music. It was amazing. After church I waited around for Pierrick after he had some meeting and then we had spaghetti with a ham and sour cream sauce with an egg yolk on top! We had dessert with a bunch of the boys because the YSA (Young Single Adults) or JA (Jeune Adultes) in French watched the fireside together. After our warm kind of apple pie (it was a tarte) with lots and lots of canned whipped cream we played Scum (which is called President in France). It was a lot of fun and the fireside was good. We dropped off my fellow Aggie at her dorm and I realized how grateful I am to live in renovated Cite Fresche Blanc.
Once home Pierrick decided it would be great to make fun of me by working on me with phonetics. I learned a lot, but he definitely enjoyed it more than I did. He thought I was hilarious because I make faces. We started cooking a quiche when we realized it was getting late-ish but switched to frozen Chinese food when we realized that I wouldn’t be able to cook it before I had to leave to catch my train home. We scarfed down our yummy Chinese and then zoomed off to the train station. I got a message from the missionaries saying that Han is going to be baptized in two weeks! I called them back and they told me how they had Anthony come and how he really knows that the church is true and that he bore his testimony and that the spirit was so strong that they just had to ask her again if she will be baptized and she said yes! I told them they should just have Anthony with them all the time because that is just so great! They asked when I was getting back so that they could set up a RDV (meeting) with Han. I told them that I was coming home then. Elder Knapp asked how (by train?) and I said no, by camel. Seriously, how else would I get home silly! I almost didn’t make my tram though. I jumped out of the car without even giving Pierrick bisous because I had 5 minutes until the train was leaving and I didn’t have a ticket! I got a ticket and ran down and got on the train just in time. I made it! Elder Knapp called back to confirm a RDV time with Han, made fun of my camel comment and ended the conversation with another one of his before this gets awkward jokes. I got home safe and sound and even didn’t have to wait long for the trams! I did end up staying up late talking to Matt the perfect though…oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment