Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 188: Church with Zeng Chao

7 mars 2010 (Day 188)
Brr! It is cold in Nantes. The sun is out, but the wind is gusting. The humidity has also dropped a lot so we are all feeling a difference. I just about froze in Sunday School where we were teaching Zeng Chao, my Chinese friend from IRFFLE about free agency. In RS we had a really nice lesson about temples. I definitely miss having temples in my backyard. Sacrament was a really nice testimony even with screaming children. Zeng Chao has been looking up the church online and naturally came across anti-Mormon literature which Elder Lazarev did a good job dealing with. At least I think he did, I’m not sure because all of it was in Chinese so I didn’t know much of what was happening. Choir was rather dur today, we were having a really hard time with the song that we were learning. Thankfully Joel Garon (Isabel’s “French dad”) was there supplying lots of comic relief for me.
On the way home from church Armelle hinted that it would be nice if I spoke with Cheryl about modesty, so that will be…interesting. According to her the ward has been talking and it is quite a problem in their eyes. I spent a good part of the afternoon looking up talks on modesty and I actually learned a lot. It was really interesting reading all the different articles. I also listened to several talks not related to the subject that were interesting anyways.