Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 187: Football!

6 mars 2010 (Day 187)
Another busy day! Cleaning, running, shopping, going to the marche, and most awesomely playing soccer with Cheryl, Elder Knapp, Elder Lazarev, and Jonathon (some random teen). We played soccer for about two hours and I definitely have the bruises [and soreness!] to prove it. Cheryl is a really aggressive player, Laz is really good even when he is playing nicely/easy, and Knapp is out of shape along with me, lol. Cheryl left claw marks on Knapp. We had so much fun playing though. It felt so good to play soccer. I definitely missed my shinguards and cleats though. On the tram ride home Cheryl told Elder Lazarev and I this awesome story about her dad and how because she was born on the sixth of April (“Jesus and I share a birthday!”). When we got to Commerce there was a manifestation. It was quite excited. The boys were especially excited and had to get pictures. It was a manifestation against the airport because it is on farm land. Fifty tractors were brought in and hundreds of people were there. Luckily no one was drunk yet and they weren’t burning anything, so it was a fairly “nice” manifestation.
Tonight I went to a nice house party with my French buddy Emilien. By the end of the night there were about sixteen of us in his friend’s apartment just talking, snacking, and drinking (non-alcoholic for me). It was a really nice party, pretty mellow and I got to talk to a lot of different people. I enjoyed my social observations as usual…people with alcohol are so fun. I have yet to see someone get ‘better’ with alcohol in their system; it seems to just make you dumb. My favorite was this American who admitted to drinking too much and was flirting quite terribly with several of the boys. Good times. I can definitely say that I am glad that I don’t have friends at home who drink. Lots of different subjects were covered with various people including sports, America, music, Germany, careers, etc. Around midnight we left because they were heading out to a dance club and I just headed home.