16 mars 2010 (Day 197)
Today was a pretty good day. It started with my most amazing breakfast. I decided to eat at the Café Nicolas by my house for St. Pat’s because I couldn’t find any Lucky Charms. I know that today wasn’t St. Patrick’s day, but classes start at 8am tomorrow and I wanted to enjoy this breakfast and enjoy it I did. It was around 5,50E for a giant mug of hot chocolate, fresh squeezed orange juice, a pain au chocolat, and a demi-baguette with butter and peach jam. I enjoyed it so much that I was practically walking on the clouds when I walked out of the café. Sadly breakfast didn’t agree with me so well at the gym so I didn’t have the greatest gym day. I had a nice quiet lunch in the kitchen (some of the pasta salad I created yesterday) while I listened in vain trying to understand the other people in the kitchen speak Chinese. I didn’t understand a word, lol. Jen was a peach and got me a bandaid for my infected grocery bagging cut which I told the elders I got whilst flipping someone off and they pulled out a knife and sliced my finger. I thought it was a good story even though it wasn’t true.
It was a perfectly beautiful day today and I did homework! I love it, I actually wanted to do homework. To make life happier, I found a shortcut to church that takes only 20-30 minutes instead of the 45-60 minutes. Wahoo me!! Today the only student at English with the missionaries was Claudine (in the level that I teach) so we just had a one-on-one class and learned different vegetables. The missionaries were teaching the higher level some funny things (they were just off to the side of us this week). My favorite was teasing Elder Knapp that he was a genius because only 5% of applicants get accepted into UPenn. Claudine (Paki and Gaelle’s mom- they are from Madagascar) asked me if I had a boyfriend. I said no, Elder Knapp said that he lives in Rennes (the turd) but they ended up believing me and Claudine decided that I have baby soft arms. It was awkward, lol. Elder Knapp showed me a cute picture of his best friend who he wants to be his girlfriend who is serving a mission right now. They met because he had to kiss her in a play and they have been best friends since, ha ha. I learned that Elder Lazarev likes Thrice, which surprises me. There was a mad lady on the tram (I guess I accidentally ran into her with my bag) and some creepy Middle-Eastern guys sat by Hannah and I on the way home. We were speaking in English (though we have been doing good lately at speaking in French) and they said they liked my hair better with my hat off and then were asking us why we were talking in English if we knew French because they didn’t understand a word. We got off at the next stop to say the least.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment