Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 132: Pig Legs and Cow Tongues

10 janvier 2010 (Day 132)
Happy Sunday. Sadly it feels like just another day here. I woke up and had breakfast before the kids were up. We haven’t been doing much all day though. We went outside and built a snow fort and had lunch (pasta and more wild hog bog) as children. It was fun playing out in the snow because one of the dogs would jump and catch all of the snowballs. Antoine and I watched some show with genetics and cloning, but I didn’t pay much attention at the beginning. It got more ridiculously entertaining though, so that made life fun. There was this crazy scientist who decided to clone a dragon and it ended up killing almost everyone (except the two people who fell in love, naturally).
We played Scrabble together before dinner. It is hard in French, to play Scrabble, but luckily we were all on teams. I even thought of some words for my team! Go me! For dinner we had some soup and tried some cow’s tongue. I can’t believe I ate it! They didn’t tell me what it was when they stuck it on my plate, but I had an idea, so I said tell me after and I went for it! It wasn’t bad, but if you think about it too much, it makes it difficult to eat. So there we have it. My last day on the farm and I had cow’s tongue and some very salty ham cut right off from the pigs leg. It was some pig, I thought it was a deer’s leg!