That infamous galette des rois that I keep blabbering about, and some feves
24 janvier 2010 (Day 146)
Today was a good Sabbath day. We had a good lesson in Relief Society from the General Conference magazine. I am telling you though, the conference talks just aren’t the same when they aren’t in English. Nothing out of the ordinary happened or was taught and I was falling asleep in sacrament meeting. Meetings are a lot duller without Cody Allen, our special anti-France American to liven up life. After the block Hannah and I visit taught Cheryl (a Brit my age being an English aide in a school) at the chapel. My sweet of the week came with 2 slices, so I gave one to Cheryl. She apparently loves cake (and chocolate, naturally) so I pretty much made her day because she was in fact, craving chocolate at that very moment.
I brought a galette des rois to share at lunch since I ‘won’ the last time. It was an almond one and really good. I didn’t get the feve though. Isabel’s family did share some pate and rice with me though. It was very kind of them. Choir practice seemed quite long today, whether it was longer than normal or not, I don’t know. Cami, our super French-American citizen and singer can’t do choir anymore so the director was looking for someone else to sing her part (in English). She asked me and I gently (ok, not gently, quite stubbornly/forcefully) reminded her about the last time she had me sing. Someone else affirmed this, insulting my crappy singing skills (but I am not quite sure what they said). The end result was the needed one though, and I will not be singing a solo. I really do like choir though. I know I have the vocal range of a chicken (that would be very small), but I am actually learning the alto parts. Well, I know the alto part to one song by heart. The rest I have to be by the altos to follow along otherwise I start singing the melody with the sopranos.
After church I came home and talked to friends online, notably staying up rather late making concubine jokes. Concubinage is quite interesting. You should Wikipedia it. My favorite Wiki quote is, “In contemporary France, concubinage refers to cohabitation and carries no inequality connotations.” I wouldn’t quite say that cohabitation is concubinage…there are different references with the two. Thus, it made my night.

