Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 138: Avatar

Crepes!
Coolest 3D glasses ever.
Creepy blue people.

16 janvier 2010 (Day 138)

Boy was it rainy when I woke up! It didn’t stop my lovely day of music with my oatmeal and then going into town to pay for that lovely ticket that I acquired last night and going to the market. I took along some English chocolate and a Book of Mormon for my vendor friend, Haiikel. He was really excited to see me again and to have a present so he came out from his side and gave me bisous twice (and he does 4 cheek kisses). I bought some clementines, apples, tomatoes, and lettuce and then headed to McDonald’s to catch some WIFI.

Cheryl and Isabel (the Brits) called and invited me to go see “Avatar” in 3D with them. I have/had no interest in seeing the film, but since it was being social and in French I said yes. I met them at the movie theatre at Commerce after hurridly eating my grilled cheese sandwich. It was practically pouring, so when Isabel and Cheryl got there they were soaking wet. They looked at the times wrong, so the 3D version had already started, but we went in anyway. Even though we were about 20 minutes late I think we only missed about 20 seconds of the actual movie, which was nice. Well, Avatar is pretty dumb. It is about these crazy blue alien people and humans wanting to take the blue alien’s resources from their land. The main actor is cute (when he isn’t in a blue alien body) and he is a paraplegic marine, so kudos to Hollywood for having someone disabled (although he does get a body better than a humans at the end) as a main character. The plot was dumb and the blue aliens with tails kind of freaked me out. The only thing that saved the film was the 3D. they did a great job with the special effects in that department and I am not the proud owner of the coolest 3D glasses that I’ve ever seen. They aren’t your typical blue and red 3D glasses. These glasses have plastic black geek frames and the lens is tinted with horizontal black stripes. Sadly, they do not block UV rays as they weren’t made for use outside of the movie theatre.

After the movie we went and got crepes. I got one with sugar, Izzie one with chocolate ice cream, and Cheryl got the crowning jewel: a crepe with chocolate, coconut, whipped topping, and vanilla ice cream. We found this really quiet little crepe shop to eat in that wasn’t very expensive. It was right next to a book store, so I took a quick peek to see if they had the Harry Potter books I need for my collection (they didn’t). We then went our separate ways and I read mylifeisaverage.com on the way home. For dinner I had ravioli and green beans. Afterwards I cleaned a little and translated some cookie recipes for Stephene.