Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 135: Hitting the Sales



13 janvier 2010 (135)

Today I slept in quite a bit and then did some yoga this morning. The internet wasn’t working, so after lunch I went into town and did some shopping. Right now everywhere is having sales. I found a couple of shirts and a sweater, and lots of scarves for friends at C&A and H&M. The sales are pretty good. You can find things from 30-70% off. I went to McDonald’s for a little bit, and on my way out I went by a boulangerie that had mini galettes- 2 for 2E. Naturally I had to buy two because a small galette normally costs around 8 or 10 euros. I made some pesto pasta for dinner and then I went to the symphony with John and Hannah! John was a little late to meet up, because he had been shopping. It was raining and we met the Elders on the tram, completely soaked. Hannah talked with Elder Brooks while I talked with John. There were a lot of people in line for tickets tonight. Luckily we got seats…on the very top balcony. We accidently sat in the wrong seats, which was embarrassing, but entertaining. The seats that we were supposed to be in were better. First up was Mendelssohn’s Hebrides opus 26. It was nice, but nothing like Mozart’s Concerto for Piano No9. The lady playing the piano was quite large and had tiny fingers, but man was she quick. It was amazing to watch her. It was so beautiful. One of the ladies playing was even crying. The pianist got an encore so she played a piece on the piano without the orchestra. After Hannah and I got rather lost searching for the bathroom during the intermission, we got to hear Tchaikovski’s Serenade for String opus 48. It was nice as well, but I think Mozart was my favorite. I just love how the piano and orchestra mimic each other. The symphony wasn’t quite the same with Afton gone though. We walked to the tram (and walked some more because there was a lot of time before the next tram) in the intermittent rain.