Friday, April 2, 2010

Day 203: Legal in America

22 mars 2010 (Day 203)
I’m legal now. Woot. This morning I went to Carrefour, the gym, sewed my umbrella back together, and threw out a spoiled boiled egg among other things. Apparently if your fridge freezes your hardboiled egg it makes it go bad. I was kind of sad; I was super excited for an egg salad sandwich. I took Hannah to Carrefour because she had never been. We ended up getting some very American looking granola and lots of fruits and veggies. Hannah loved looking at all the window displays in the mall…she is definitely a girl!
I went to the church to meet up with Han and the elders. When I got there they were talking to this Muslim man who had just left his church and is looking for a Christian church and wants to learn more…golden! We had another good lesson with Han. I was thinking I could persuade the elders to let me buy them ice cream (public place, it is allowed) but they had another appointment. It is there P-Day. They apparently had 5 lessons today. They did sing me the best ‘Happy Birthday’ rendition that I have ever heard. Elder Knapp and Lazarev informed me that they like girls who dress up and look nice all the time. Before this Elder Knapp told me he could tell that I wasn’t a very ‘girly girl’…ha. Thanks boys! Elder Knapp did give me a kiss (mother…it was a mint).
Hannah texted me to come over to her room so I did straight from the tram. Cheryl popped out of Hannah’s bathroom. I was very confused. They decided to surprise me for my birthday and got me brownies and a bracelet. I made Cheryl some pesto pasta…she has never had pesto and she loved it. I made myself some delicious chili with peppers, corn, tomatoes, black beans, and stuck it on rice. It was delicious! I did have a tummy ache at the end of the night though.

No comments:

Post a Comment