
11 avril 2010 (Day 223) Sunday
The Lord was on Hannah’s side of the bed this morning. Armelle called me a couple minutes before I was going to leave to take the tram saying that she could take us to church at 8:15. I called Hannah to tell her this happy news and in doing so I woke her up. We went to choir practice and then had Relief Society. Cecilia and Katie (possibly Cathy), two Chinese investigators came. Katie doesn’t speak French very well so I translated a lot of the lesson on the Holy Ghost for her (in English). Sunday School was AWESOME! I think we had 9 investigators there and they were all Chinese. Elder Lazarev ended up translating some of the lesson into Chinese and it was just so cool. It was a really neat experience.
I translated a little bit more for Katie during testimony meeting and then went up to bear my own testimony. It was really short and sweet because the time was passing, but I gave it in French and then in English. I had some French members come up and say thank you for my testimony, especially my one in English because they could really feel the spirit and understood what I said. That was pretty cool. It is Elder Lazarev’s last Sunday before he goes back to Paris so we took pictures of him with all of his Chinese investigators. Choir practice was okay today, but Pili still wasn’t very happy. We didn’t have the Elders there today so I tried playing the piano for some of it and it was awful!
At 4pm Hannah and I walked up to where we were meeting Armelle and Stephane to go to their house to play games. The missionaries (Elder Lazarev and Elder Knapp respectively) and Cecilia met us there. Armelle and Stephane actually live really close to Hannah and me. They have the cutest house ever! It was seriously so adorable, I loved it. They had this awesome sun room where we had drinks (the organic apple juice that Stephane made) and some treats (some being an apple tart, chocolate fondue, and a prune dessert). Even Elder Knapp, who is allergic to raw apples tried the amazing apple juice. After we had our snack and were shown around the house (the upstairs had the most amazing window in the roof through which you can look at the stars while on the bed) we played some games. We played UNO which was a lot of fun. We also played this game that is like the equivalent for billiards put it is with chips and you have a square board. I was on a team with Stephane and Elder Knapp. We were pretty awesome even though we lost. We put talc on the board to make the pieces slide better and Elder Knapp wiped some on his cheeks like warrior paint so Stephane and I followed. I was terrible at the game! Stephane got a kick out of my awfulness and Elder Knapp was trying to be nice about it. We almost won, but then the other team caught up to us and beat us. We left around 8pm and walked to Hannah’s where I tried to pop back in her rib because Elder Knapp was sure that the pain that she was feeling was a rib out of place and he, being a missionary, could not pop it back in, but I could. I don’t really think I did anything except for cause Hannah pain though. It was that laughing/yelling kind of pain.


No comments:
Post a Comment