23 mars 2010 (Day 204)
Today was a pretty normal Tuesday. I woke up and did my laundry, went to the gym, and then went to English class. Elder Bourgeois and Maxfield were super late to get to the church and unlock the gate. We actually started having English class in a nice little park near the church. Jean-Yves (an middle-aged larger man who smokes and has been going to English class forever) was the only lower level student so I did some one on one stuff with him. We were going over fruit and he started telling me about how he used to take LSD and then walked for 12 km every day. Weird! To practice his accent he was reading a poem by Robert Frost. Elder Knapp and Elder Ellsworth (they had exchanges today) came just in time to hear Jean Yves fail at saying “first.” He kept on saying “thirst” and it took a very long time to get him to say “first.” It was definitely an entertaining/awkward night with Jean Yves. Early that evening he asked me if I had a boyfriend to which I replied no and then he felt really badly after that. He then told me he didn’t have a girlfriend either so that it was okay.
Going home was great tonight. Elder Ellsworth is such an angel! He is so sincere and has such an earnest young missionary spirit, I love it! He is from Rigby, Idaho and is a great kid who is turning twenty tomorrow! He definitely made up for the rudeness of Elder Knapp. Apparently I am speaking at Han’s baptism. Elder Knapp just didn’t tell me this. He told everyone at the weekly ward missionary meeting though. I learned about my talk from Joel Garon who told me I should talk to Elder Knapp about it. He just smiled at me and told me it should be 5-7 minutes on enduring to the end. This talk shall definitely be an adventure, for it is to be in French!
Friday, April 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment