Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 219: Cheryl's Birthday



7 avril 2010 (Day 219)
Today I tried out the French socialist health care! It wasn’t too bad. It was a little bit odd to see free condoms instead of suckers. There were no papers, no nothing. I just presented myself and then waited for about 5 or 10 minutes for the doctor. He was really nice though he definitely isn’t a sports med doctor. He barely tested out my range of motion and then wrote me a note to go see a radiologist. All I have to do is go to the yellow pages online and pick one and call…groovy!
Today we had a little party/hang out for Cheryl’s 21st birthday, which was yesterday. We met up at commerce and then went to the chateau. We took pictures there and saw the baby ducklings that were following their mother around. Everyone was hungry so we went to find Oly, Cheryl’s brother that was visiting along with Cheryl’s friend, Cupcake. Oly is a nice kid who has a higher quiet voice that doesn’t match his body at all. Oly is also a vegetarian. We found him a falafel and the others got smoothies. I wanted a gauffre (a waffle). I eventually found one once we headed back to the carnival that was going on. It was an amazing gauffre. It was definitely artisan and even had REAL whipped cream on top…miam miam! After I ate my gauffre I went on the swings with Cheryl and Oly. It was so much fun! It was kind of like the swings at Lagoon except it went up really high! It was so amazing to see the view of Nantes. I loved it!
Hannah and I had to leave the party early because a lot of our friends in IRFFLE were in a play. I got a hot chocolate chip cookie that was delicious and we met Ian and went to the TU. It was so fun to watch them. Sam was so nervous and Juan was just a stud in his business suit. It was a play that took place at a train station. Ian was so fun to sit by. He is such a cutie sweetheart. I even got to play Juan’s guitar a little bit. It was fun to see a lot of my friends from IRFFLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment