Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 221: Mini-Mission!

9 avril 2010 (Day 221) Friday
Today class went well. In the sociology of art are teaching was feeling off with his teaching (too many ideas and thoughts in his head) so we got let out of his class early and I went to the gym alone. I ate and tried to quickly study for our little in class essay in history.
Elder Maxfield called me today during class and left a message…I am going to get to go on a mini-mission! They had made an error and there will be an odd number of sisters so I can go on a mini-mission. A mini-mission is exactly like a real mission, without the call. I will be serving (most likely in Paris or thereabouts) from May 26-July 1. I will be living the missionary rules and with a companion sister missionary 24/7. It is going to be awesome. I was so excited I could hardly concentrate. The president called me to make sure that it was okay with me.
I am nervous and excited now and it was driving Hannah nuts on the way to institute! She said she could feel my nervous energy and that I needed to relax so we did some breathing exercises. We were late to institute because the bus and then the tram were late and the missionaries called and told me that they were waiting for me and where was I…weird! It ended up being that Elder Maxfield and Elder Bourgeois stayed for institute. Kevin gave the lesson today and was quite serious with it. It was a good lesson but it was odd having him teach. Maxfield was translating for Oly, who doesn’t speak French and he ended up giving him basically a totally different lesson.
I called up Jenn and I showed her how to make no-bake cookies. She was quite amazed at how easy it was. Sadly I put in too many oats so they were a little dry…oh well! We had a lot of fun. Oh, P.S. I cut my hair today…don’t worry it is fine. I attacked the back because I couldn’t stand that it was longer than the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment