Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 209: Alsan and the Holy Ghost

28 mars 2010 (Day 209)

Today Hannah and I got to make the adventurous trek to church on the tram. We were both super tired because the time change last night and yesterday was just a really long, but really rewarding, day for both of us. I am happy (I think?) to report that Elder Knapp and I did not match today. We’ve matched about the past four Sundays so we both made special efforts to try not to match. Funny thing is, if I wore what I almost was going to wear, we would have matched. He found this awesome mini tie that is maroon and wore it with a gray sweater vest. I wore crème because no one wears crème colored ties with white shirts. Apparently Elder Knapp prayed for Godly intervention so that we wouldn’t match though…cheater. I was amused that he felt the need to pray for us to not match. I really should have called the other elders to ask what he was wearing to freak him out…maybe next week!

So many of the talks today were on the Holy Ghost, which was great since Han was confirmed a member of the church and received the gift of the Holy Ghost today. Church went really well and Justin (Little Dragon) and Tao were there as well. The biggest surprise of all is that creepy man from last night came! During sacrament Elder Maxfield tapped me on the shoulder and asked me if the fellow by Elder Knapp was the guy from last night. Indeed it was. Elder Knapp explained a little about the church and taught him during sacrament meeting. His name is Alsan and he didn’t even try to talk to me or stick around after church. Elder Knapp said that he is going to invite him to church again on Sunday before asking to teach him so that he doesn’t get too overwhelmed.

Today Armelle gave us Lindt chocolate bunnies as a gift (best bunny I have EVER eaten) and we got majorly chastised in choir. She was trying to go through each sections part in the EFY Medley and got upset that the others who weren’t singing (like when it was the alto’s turn) weren’t paying attention. She hasn’t been this mad in a while, Pili actually stopped choir practice early. I was kind of bummed because I love singing the EFY medley. Joel Garon was the man and gave an awesome prayer to finish it that made you want to say SNAP! Instead of amen at the end.

I came home from church with the greatest intention of catching up on my journals. I unplugged my laptop and sat on my bed so that I could have my feet elevated and ended up falling asleep and waking up at 9:30pm. I was still exhausted and not feeling well when I woke up so I just brushed my teeth, changed, and went to bed and slept for quite a while. I just felt really funny; I can’t find the words to describe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment