30 mars 2010 (Day 211)
My paper for my French lit TD sucks. The subject is why the work of Proust is a “real novel.” And that is all the prompt we got. I woke up this morning and read what I had written yesterday and it sucked so I decided to start over. I went to the gym and biked until I got a good outline figured out and then went home to write. I didn’t write very much because I had to go to the church to make it to our last meeting with Han before she leaves for her internship in the south of France. Before Han got there this super duper cute and nice older couple came wanting to know about genealogy. Elder Knapp and I talked to them for some time while we waited for Elder Lazarev to finish calling and finding out about who should be there and could help them. I really liked both of them because they were so sweet and the husband told us some interesting stories.
Han was pretty sad in our meeting today. She really doesn’t want to have to go. We taught her about the temple today. Baptism for the dead has probably been by far the hardest concept to teach her. It took her 4 or 5 explanations before she got it. My personal favorite was Elder Knapp saying that he was going to knock me unconscious and baptize me against my will, lol. I’ll let you figure out how it went into the lesson. After the lesson about temple work and temples, with a sad Han who is now worried about finding someone she can marry in the temple, we all got on the tram. The Elders walked us to our next tram (they were actually meeting someone in that area) and Elder Knapp mentioned that I could serve a mini-mission instead of going farming in the south of France if I wanted. He told me a little bit about it but then our tram came. I said goodbye and that I’d see them in about two weeks and Elder Knapp just said, “Aren’t you coming to English class?” “If you need me to be.” “Wink.” I wasn’t planning on it because I have a four page paper that I think is due tomorrow! (You see, Hannah and I don’t know if we have to do it for part of our grade or not.)
Han and I rode home on the tram. She was so sad to have to go, she almost cried! It made me want to cry. Hannah convinced me into going to English class at church with her because she “can’t take mass transportation (aka the bus) by herself.” Jean Yves was there like normal and had brought his paddle with which to play against the Elders. He said that if he won I had to give him a kiss on the cheek. Luckily the Lord was on my side as Elder Bourgeois told Jean Yves that if Bourg won Jean Yves had to listen to them for 30 minutes. Needless to say, they played ping pong, Hannah played the piano, and I wrote my paper because no one else was really there. I talked to Elder Maxfield about mini-missions. I had more questions and we ended up calling the mission president, President Stahlei. He used to be President Hinckley’s secretary and is just a sweetheart. I felt like I was getting a hug over the phone. He was very nice and told me that I can if there are an odd number of sisters. The other set of Elders ended up coming late (40 minutes late for their meeting that starts after English class). We ended up going home on the tram with the elders. Elder Knapp was talking to us girls and the other three basically ran ahead to hide. Apparently earlier that week Elder Knapp hid from them or something like that. Hannah and Cheryl got REALLY hyper and were acting really weird and Elder Knapp and I couldn’t figure out what was wrong with them. The other elders didn’t want to be by us/talk to us on the tram so Elder Knapp decided to spite them (still within sight and sound and not go by them because they were being boys as he put it. Oh! I forgot the best part of the night, Paki came in to the church and Elder Bourgeois said, “Hi my lover.” I heard this. It was really awkward. I laughed and he realized what he said. He then said they have been calling each other that at the apartment. Right.
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment