19 mars 2010 (Day 200)
Oh la France. My carte de sejour expires at the end of this month so I had to have a meeting to hand in all the exact same papers to the exact same people again. And pay them more money. I definitely was not happy about this because it was scheduled for 10am, when my sociology of art class starts. So I print off the thirty-sixth copy of ever piece of identity that I own and head off past Commerce to get a new temporary carte de sejour. I get there exactly at 10am and Mme. Torres says, “You’re late.” Me, “No I’m not, it is 10 right now.” “I said 9:30, you are a half hour late.” “No you didn’t [in my head: you can check the email you sent me if you want because I know that it didn’t say 9:30 because I have to miss class because of you].” Needless to say, she had double booked herself so I got to sit patiently and wait, doing nothing while missing M. Lehmann be all funny and talk about human sandwiches on the tram and such. Her “meeting” with me lasted about three minutes. It consisted of her taking all my copies, including three more pictures of my beautiful face (I think I should start autographing them) and telling me that I owe the French government more money for a laminated piece of plastic. Sweet.
I made it to class about forty minutes late which means I jumped in the lecture at an odd spot and missed some funny rantings according to Hannah. I went to my other classes, the gym, and institute. At institute we went into the primary room and had institute there on the little chairs. Cheryl, Hannah, and I left early so that we could go make chocolates for the Relief Society Luncheon tomorrow. I made no bake cookies with coconut that were to die for. Cheryl decorated their tops with almonds and chocolate and they were truly works of art for the eyes and the mouth. Hannah melted chocolate and dipped almonds which were delicious as well. Cheryl left around 9-10pm so that she could go home. Afterwards Hannah and I waited around in the kitchen for everything to dry. While doing so we decided to make the elders a card. It was a really funny card. Hannah drew all over it and I wrote the captions. It is pretty much the best card ever because it was really late so everything was funny to us.
Around 11pm-12am we bribed the man who locks the kitchen with one of my cookies. He was really nice about letting us stay until the chocolate cooled. He told us to turn off the light and shut the door when we left and to not tell anyone. Success!


No comments:
Post a Comment