Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 224: Hannah Attack, x-rays

12 avril 2010 (Day 224)
Hannah’s dinner the other night of yogurt, oats, and strawberries inspired me so I went shopping for strawberries this morning. I had just gotten out of the store when I received a phone call. It was Hannah. She was on her floor, bawling, because she couldn’t move and was asking for a blessing. I naturally began to call people. Elders number 1. No answer. Elders number 2. No answer. Stephane. At work. Elders number 1. Still no answer. Frere Joel Garon…success! Bless his heart. He and Anne came speeding over and he gave her a blessing. They also eventually took her to their back doctor. And to their house.
During this time I went and figured out where the radiologist was…all by myself. Can I just say that I love Google. I got step by step directions of how to get there WITH street views which is perfect for us visual direction people. Surprisingly, I didn’t have to fill out any paperwork, questionnaires, or sign. Anything. It was quite weird. I was the youngest person there by at least 50 years, which is normal. Surprisingly I didn’t have to wait long. I saw the doctor within five minutes of when my appointment was. They did xray the crap out of me though. They didn’t even give me a core shield, which I found quite annoying; they just blasted dangerous xrays around my precious innards. So in the waiting room there were some great old ladies. This one was so mad that she was still waiting. She was yelling up a storm and was just like, “I can’t believe this. Why am I still waiting. This is ridiculous!” I really wanted to tell her that she should try going to a doctor in the US, but I resisted. I got my results within 5 minutes of the xrays and tra la la! No fracture. You couldn’t even see the healed spot of my old fracture (I guess that is a good thing) so to celebrate I went and got my sweet of the week. It was a sort of version of an apple pie. The pastry part was really thin and reminded me almost of won-ton or philo pastry. I warmed it up in the microwave and it wasn’t half bad.
Joel called me up once I got home and told me that Hannah was sleeping over and that I should come too. I said, “Sure, why not.” Thirty minutes later I was picked up and off to the Garons. They are such sweethearts. They are amazing and so nice and funny and cute. I want to be an awesome married couple like them when I am older. Joel is really big and tall with dark hair and a little patch of white hair and Anne is tiny and super skinny. I learned how to make a white sauce and a green onion tart (which is what we ate for dinner). We had bread and cheese after dinner (of course), and home-canned cherries and yogurt. It was delicious.
Afterwards we had family home evening. We decided to do it based off the talk by Elder Uchtdorf, “Happiness, Our Heritage.” It was really nice to have a family home evening together and then we all went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment