Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 226: Goldilocks at the Garon's

14 avril 2010 (Day 226)
This morning was great. I had papa Garon teach me how he makes his hot chocolate in the morning (in a ginormous bowl!...it is like Goldilocks with Anne and her tiny bowl and Joel with this giant bowl the size of my head). I also had some toasted baguette with jam which was delicious. We listed to The Who while we waited for the chimney sweep to come (can we say exactly like Mary Poppins!) and then the Garon’s headed out to go visit some family friends leaving me and Hannah to not burn down the house. We watched Les Choristes, a great French film that I recommend and then had leftovers for lunch. Hannah had the leftover couscous and carrots and I had some cabbage/carrot/potato/sausage yummy leftoverness.
I then went to grab stuff from Fresche-Blanc (our university housing) while Hannah slept. I also took a shower and bought the ingredients to make cookies because Hannah and I decided that we want to make cookies for the Garons. While at my house I had one of my Magnum ice cream popsicles and it was incredible (Erik was right about Magnum ice cream). I got back to the Garon’s around 5pm and Hannah and I made chocolate chip cookie dough and oatmeal raisin cookie dough as well. I tried calling some of my family/friends but didn’t have much luck. I did eventually get a hold of Aunt Becky and I talked with her for several minutes.
The Garon’s came home and I helped make our dinner. It was simply steamed veggies with a soy bean (not like Chinese soy sauce) white sauce and cheese. We read our scriptures together afterwards and I called Grandpa Keeley and spoke with him for a little bit. He seemed to be doing well, but is wanting to go home when he is more mobile. I convinced/coerced/got Joel to play some games with Hannah and me. We first played this game where you try to visit different cities in France (it was mediocre) and then we played this awesome brain game called labyrinth in which you are always moving pieces and trying to get to certain objects in the labyrinth. I really liked it.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! First post in months that doesn't mention the missionaries! Glad you liked the ice cream.

    ReplyDelete