Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 225: What Time Is It?

13 avril 2010 (Day 225)
I love eating breakfast with French people! It is so much fun. I had museli and some bread with honey before Hannah and I left to catch the bus at 9:30. I had an English lesson that I was teaching at 11am and I had to figure out where it was. Poor Hannah was crying because it hurt so bad by the time we got off the tram at Commerce (we first took a 30 minute bus ride). It turns out she had forgotten to take her pain reliever, but we didn’t know that then.
I am so blessed that the family sent a little map of where there house was and that I downloaded it. I was able to turn my laptop upside down and figure out exactly where I needed to go. This also means that I was about 30 minutes early. It was far too cold and windy to stay outside for that much time, so I found the nearest brasserie and ordered some hot chocolate. It was pretty good hot chocolate and I enjoyed watching all the old men order beer and wine before 11 o’clock in the morning.
The English lesson with Andrea went really well. She is about 14 years old and super cute. She lives in a pretty big house for being in the center of Nantes and you can tell that her family is rich. She is very nice and I hope that I can help her get better grades in her English class. I am going to meet with her three times a week during vacation and then we are going to see after that.
I went home to my room and had lunch afterwards. I was pretty (extremely) tired so I took a nap for a while and then I went for a 25 minute run. The wind had stopped so it was a lot warmer and I can tell that I haven’t been running for a while. I was going to run on the horse track, but they were racing, so I went down into the forest-park.
Hannah and I took the bus to go teach English at the church. We were the first ones there so Jean-Luc let us in and I played the piano for a while. Today I ended up teaching Jean-Luc and Jean-Yves about how to tell time. I never knew it could be such a struggle with old men! I know that the quarter to, half past thing is hard, but when they think that American clocks are different (and that you count by 10 and not by 5) it becomes a struggle. Elder Knapp had to come tell them that I was telling them the correct time (they thought that it was an hour different) and it was just all really funny and half ridiculous. Afterwards the elders started playing baseball and I tried not to get hit. Elder Knapp, who was not playing baseball, was telling me about how the Joseph Smith movie in SLC makes him cry. I mentioned that I haven’t seen it yet (still, I know…it as on my to do list last summer and Amber and I tried to go one day) so we are now going when I get home because it is a must see.
Joel gave us a ride home and we ate couscous with carrots in a caramelized sauce. It was delicious! We then read scriptures and Quinton and I had a little tickle war. You can tell he is the third child; he was getting blamed for everything. I really didn’t mind though, as long as he wasn’t poking out my eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment