3 avril 2010 (Day 215)
So I am super confused, but I am apparently an hour early for my train. I could have sworn that I left at 13h00, but it is only 12h38 right now as I write this. This is okay, and I don’t mind that much, but I am still extremely confused as to how I left an hour early. Possibly it is a late, really weird April Fool’s Joke.
I got to Paris without any ado and found the hotel. I ended up being late because I tried to walk all the way there from the gare. I ended up getting on the metro for one stop and had a funny conversation with the bell hop because I couldn’t remember Hyer’s name. They are staying in a cute hotel and brought me candy! Wahoo. They were pretty jetlagged when I got there. After talking for a while we took the metro (Coyle and Hyer’s tickets weren’t working and I got stuck on the other side…luckily two cute older ladies helped them) and went to dinner at Flottes, a place recommended by Mr. Oram. The menu was in English and I didn’t see anything amazing, so I just bought some French onion soup that had the most humongous ball of half melted cheese that I had to use a knife to cut up. Hyer and Coyle got soup as well. We shared a cheese plate that was quite delicious (six cheeses) and Hyer was brave and tried some raw thinly sliced beef with cheese and mushrooms. I even tried a bite (go me!).
We took the metro back (and their tickets didn’t work again and I was stuck on the wrong side again) and they crashed. By the time I was done brushing my teeth Coyle was already snoring. Her snores seem like they must be really painful for her. I didn’t sleep so well, but I enjoyed my random text from Hannah at almost midnight telling me she saw on Facebook that Jean Luc used to be a model. I already knew this (he is an older single man who is always giving the elders rides and such. Knapp was actually telling me this week about it and how they missionaries put him on LDS singles one year and how Bourg gets him to say hilarious things in English).
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment