28 octobre 2009 (Day 58)
Today was another wonderfully fun day in Sweden. I woke up and had my new favorite breakfast of all time…museli and yogurt!
Today we decided to go to the Museum of Natural History. We made some home lunches (sandwiches, cinnamon rolls, Swedish rice pudding, etc.) and then took the train to the museum. We got off at the wrong stop (but didn’t realize it for a while) so what did we do? Gabby called her dad and I busted out the kanelbullar. I think cinnamon rolls are always essential when one is lost.
We got back onto the train and got off at the right stop. we walked up to the museum past some garden plots. The Museum of Natural History was really impressive. They even had English translations on some of the things. I bet that it would have been a lot better if I spoke Swedish though! They had an awesome exhibit about the human body with larger than life exhibits and cool machines to check out. There were tons of little people on field trips and it was fun to watch them, although they were hogging all the cool activities! I think my favorite exhibit was the rocks. I have never seen so many! I touched an iron meteorite, the oldest thing you can touch and saw rocks that were every color of the rainbow. The animal exhibit was quite large. They had all sorts of animals that had been stuffed including crazy rare animals, butterflies, and native animals. They had lots of stuffed birds. They had fish (that were alive) and this super long squid (which was not). They had an interesting evolution of man exhibit that I didn’t at all agree with. They had a weather exhibit and one with pictures from space. The photos were incredible. They had multiple close up pictures of each planet. The universe is incredible! They had a pretty neat little dinosaur exhibit as well. They had some dinosaurs that moved! My favorite was this little dino that was snoring.
We had lunch in the basement in a cute little lunch area. It was so good! I love Sweden. After lunch we went and waited in line for the 3D Movie: Sea Monsters! Brooke and I got a sweet headphone set so we could hear the original version, lol. The 3D-ness was awesome (as well as our 3D glasses) and the story was really neat. It followed the life of a sea monster that they found the bones of.
After we were tuckered out from the museum we went home and I made meatballs! I am quite a pro now! They were delicious meatballs and we had them with mashed potatoes and veggies. I could eat those meatballs all the time! Yum yum!
I don’t know if I have mentioned them or not, but I love feather blankets!

