Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day 80: Tentation





19 novembre 2009 (Day 80)
Today was a fun Thursday. After a rather boring day of “learning” how to write arguments (I wandered off into my world of doodling during this rather long explanation...). We got on some super long helpful random grammar talents. After class I went to the Musée des Beaux-Arts to do my art history homework. I had a lot of fun talking to all the workers to find certain pieces and then walking around to look at the other works there. While leaving the museum I saw my teacher Danielle and talked to her for a minute. She was going to the museum for the opening party of a new exhibit.
Afterwards I ate dinner and went to Twilight: New Moon or “Tentation” (Temptation) in French with Afton. We went because it came out in France before in the US. We had a lot of fun watching Twilight in French. Trying to understand the French made the incredible cheesiness of the film bearable and enjoyable. Cheesy lines translated from English to French and then back again are just really entertaining. Some memorable lines include: “You have your proper sunshine” “I want to kill you, but there is one condition I want it to be for eternity, marry me.”
I now understand more about people who are obsessed with Twilight. They love romance and improbability, all in one. Multiple boys who love you, all highly attractive men. For all you Twilight fans, I’m on Team Jacob. Edward was just too emo and white for my liking. It was pretty funny that he sparkled though.